It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Protein shakes and hair loss/growth

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
    Protein shakes and hair loss/growth

Lately, my diet has been pretty poor and my hair is falling out more. I've always had slow growing hair, though, even when I do eat good. Anyway, I thought I read somewhere on here that drinking protein shakes helps in both these areas (loss and growth). Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User
    Re: Protein shakes and hair loss/growth

Protein is made of amino acids, and there are 5 amino acids that play a big part that make hair grow. The amino's are cystine, cysteine, methionine, arginine and lysine.
    If you drink regular Slim fast shakes that's good protein but if you make your own make sure that branch amino acids are not in the ingredients label.
    Some protein powders have growth hormones in them. The growth hormone causes high DHT levels. Too much DHT destroys the hair follicles and your hair will fall out.
    The more protein you take in the stronger and more healthy the hair will grow from the root. Once it leaves the root it's on it's own. Each strand of hair has a 5 year lifespan. That's what we always have those short annoying hairs that look like split ends.

Besides protein you need iron ,zinc and copper. Iron helps carry oxygen to the hair. Not enough oxygen and the hair will stop growing. Zinc builds hair protein which helps to prevent hair loss. Copper gives your hair healthy color.
    Vit A gives you a healthy scalp and B&C Vit's are for circulation, hair growth and hair color too

Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
    wahida
    (female)

wahida HB User

in which food i;ll find diz froteins and vitamins?

Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Proteins food= Meat, fish, soy, milk, cheese, yogurt, dairy products, nuts and Seeds, eggs

Vitamin A foods = Milk, Carrots, mango, spinach,sweet potato, squash, red pepper,apricots, cantaloup, wheat germ, spirulina, crabmeat, tomatoe, watermelon

Vitammin C foods = peppers, broccoli, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges, kiwi fruit, mustard greens, blackberries, blueberries,

Vitmain B foods = meat, salmon, cod, milk, cheese, eggs, vegetables, soya beans, peanuts, milk, potatoes,

Zinc foods = meat, shellfish, milk and dairy foods,beef,crabmeat, oysters
    lamb, pork, turkey , bown rice,salmon, spinach, yogurt

Iron foods = clams, liver, oysters, chicken liver, mussels, beef liver, sardines

Copper foods = lima beans, Mushrooms,sweet potato,tomato juice, turnip greens, clams, crabmeat, lobster, nuts and seeds,

Closed Thread