It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Am i losing hair? Please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
    Hairtroubles77
    (male)

Hairtroubles77 HB User
    Question Am i losing hair? Please help

ive noticed my hair seems to be falling off constantly. while i am taking a shower, i find that when i go through my hair to apply shampoo, 5-10 (at the least) strands of hair comes off EVERY TIME. so when i do it again, the same thing happens. in addition, i seem to find a lot of hair on my bed. When i comb,strands of hair also comes off. I asked my parents and they said its only because my hair is long, when it is only medium to short length. When my hair is wet, my scalp is clearly visible in lines and streaks.I am using Tresemme shampoo for normal hair (7x veces) and Garnier fructis fortifying conditioner
    Am i losing hair? <PLEASE> help...

Last edited by msmod; 07-15-2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
    guitarplayer
    (male)

guitarplayer HB User
    Re: Am i losing hair? Please help

It is normal to lose up to 100 hairs per day. If your hair is noticeably becoming thinner then I'd see a doctor about it. Otherwise it's probably just normal shedding. It is also normal to be able to see the scalp when hair is wet especially if it is longer. It could just mean you have naturally thin or fine hair texture.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

I'd try a different conditioner than Garnier. When I used their shampoo and conditioner, my hair felt plastic-like (like a Barbie doll's) and it fell out a lot. When I stopped using it, my hair returned to normal and stopped falling out.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-01-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
    StephRabin
    (female)

StephRabin HB User

Have the doctor check your ferritin levels. My hair was falling out when my ferritin (iron stores) goet very low.

Closed Thread