It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• dry peeling scalp with hair loss

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
    jenwash
    (female)

jenwash HB User
    dry peeling scalp with hair loss

the front of my hair line begin too brake off now i notice that my scalp is very dry and peeling that is now all through my scalp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
    nancy435
    (female)

nancy435 HB User
    Smile Re: dry peeling scalp with hair loss

Hi,
    You could have seborrheic dermatitis, I had the same problems you did.
    I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's) for my seborrheic dermatitis and sensitive scalp. I typically take about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and mix it in a spray bottle (1 part to 1 part). I spray it directly on my scalp, by combing through the different sections. Then leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use a mild shampoo & conditioner. The longer the better. Its best to do it on the weekends or at night because it does smell. (2-3 times a week) The worse you have it the longer it will take to see results. I started using the ACV because the Nizoral shampoo started making my hair really dry and brittle and it started to break and fall out. I have pretty oily skin and I needed to wash my hair every day. For the face, take a cotton ball and dab the mixture on the spots.
    And make sure you dry your hair good, the moisture breeds bacteria.
    Good Luck!

Last edited by nancy435; 10-11-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 AM   #3
    REDD998
    (male)

REDD998 HB User
    Re: dry peeling scalp with hair loss

I have the same problem with my scalp and even to my eyebrows.I think it has gotten worse since the weather has been getting cold.I have had this scaly skin for a long time now and could never find anything that really worked.I have also lost hair in the past 3 year's around my hairline but I don't know if its related to Dermatitis.I may have to try that apple cider vinegar becaus e its really annoying.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
    nancy435
    (female)

nancy435 HB User
    Re: dry peeling scalp with hair loss

My seborrheic got really bad and I had these patches of crusty yellow build up and some turned into sores. Nizoral shampoo works good, but it really dries out the hair and can cause breakage. I used the apple cider vinegar, but I just started using the New Head & Shoulders intensive solutions for severe dandruff prevention and seborrheic dermatitis (Dark blue bottle) and it works good. I am about 90% free of scalp build up and flakes. And my hair doesn’t seem as dried out, but I also use a good conditioner just in case. I am also taking a multivitamin and biotin everyday. You will need to shampoo everyday to see results.

Closed Thread