It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Telogen Effluvium

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
    TLClovn23
    (female)

TLClovn23 HB User
    Telogen Effluvium

Okay so heres my story. Im 23 years old, and have been losing my hair for over a year now. I have a 5 year old son, and Im currently taking biotin 10,000 and omega-3 vitamins and exercise regularly, From what I gathered from experiencing hair loss, has been quite devas ting. My hair was my TRAIT. It was the one thing that people loved about me. It was so long, thick, and just healthy. It was truly beautiful. Never in a millions years did I think, at 23years of age, that I would lose half of my hair. I became depressed, over-whelmed, and at times I have gotten frustrated with myself and doctors. For me, no matter how many times I was told I was healthy, a deep part of me felt there was a underlying problem that they couldn't understand. The more I saw my hair coming out- The more stressed I became. It was a vicious cycle, that seemed never ending. I even started saving my hair in a Ziploc bag to convince the doctor, that what ever I'm experiencing is far from normal. After months of doctor appointments, it literally seemed that this condition came out of NO-WHERE, and no matter what I did, IT WOULDNT STOP. So I decided to see a dermatologist who determined my hair loss was that of "Telogen Effluvium", and that I should have no worries for every hair im losing is being pushed out for a new one to grow. NOW- a sigh of relief....if you have hair loss and have been told that it is Telogen Effluvium, you have got to absolutely STOP, worrying yourself of your hair loss! For there is no cure for this condition, BUT IT WILL EVENTUALLY STOP, and there are precautions that you can take to not shed so often. I can not stress enough how important it is for you, to not WORRY yourself of your hair loss. The more you think about it, I promise you will continue shedding! NOW telogen can be caused from a list of things, but it is certainly safe to say, that if you have been tested for diseases and nothing is positive, you are LUCKY! Now I say that- to say this.....you have to EMBRACE your hairloss. yes I said it. EMBRACE. Now it is hard to stay calm, when you see hair on you shoulders, on the floor, constantly coming out, in your brush, in the drains, I mean it is over-whelming.....but im going to share a few things with you, that will help you.#1 WASHING HAIR- DO NOT OVER WASH YOUR HAIR! washing it aggravates it. I'm currently using NIOXIN, it is a thickening/regrowth shampoo, it works really good. Now, when I wash my hair, I GENTLY massage my scalp, wash out in warm water, and then I RINSE IN COLD WATER(locks your hair follicle) #2 BRUSHING HAIR - NEVER, never, never brush your hair when it is WET!!! You will notice a ton of hair in the brush, and this is bad, due to, the fact we are trying to EMBRACE it, seeing the hair, can put our mind on stress mode. You also don't want to brush your hair as often. Maybe once a day, if that. Any type of pulling or tugging is going to aggravate your hair.#3 STLYING HAIR. PLEASE AVOID RUBBERBANDS, HAIR CLIPS, ETC. Again any type of pulling will aggravate your hair. I would highly recommend staying away from hair dye, but if you absolutely cant resist, I would suggest a dye that is a demi and not a Permanente dye. Also, avoid straightening, and curling irons. #4 BLOWDRYER. Now it is best to towel dry your hair under this condition, but being aware of our daily lives, we might not have time to do this, so I would suggest you low- blow dry your UNBRUSHED hair out. Please wait to brush your hair after it is dry, now it may take longer when drying it unbrushed, but you can brush it afterwards and blow dry it straighter once its dried, I also apply Rogaine morning and night......now to sum everything up. you have got to take control over your anxiety/stress level when having this condition. you have to remind yourself EVERYDAY that your hair is going to grow back, and every time you see your hair shedding, simply smile, and calm yourself. Because you can have it much worse!, and the condition we have will allow our hair to grow back as it once was. I also want to suggest yoga classes, daily walks, and light exercises. So stop stressing! your beautiful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread