It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• White pubic hairs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
    pm8
    (female)

pm8 HB User
    White pubic hairs

I'm 18 years old and recently discovered white pubic hairs. I'm a natural blonde so I'm used to having light hair, like my legs and arms, but my underarms and pubes are normally light brown, not black and my eyebrows are a mixture of light brown and blonde. I'm kind of concerned about this, but I wanted to see if I could learn anything online before I had this awkward conversation with my mom. I highly doubt it's any kind of STD or STI since I'm a virgin, but any help would be nice!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2016, 05:33 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: White pubic hairs

Relax....color of your pubic hair has NOTHING to do with STDs!

Hair color is made up of pigment and sometimes hair loses pigmentation. If your entire pubic region is going gray, this would be something to discuss with a doctor as you are only 18; however if it is just a few hairs- its nothing to worry about. Similar to how we "go gray" as we get older, you have simply had a few follicles go gray early. It doesnt mean that the hair on your head will go gray any earlier. Being a natural blonde, your hair has less pigmentation than a brunette would...and its easy to mistake a white blond hair for a gray one. You could just be seeing very light blonde hairs!

Do you tan? Stay out of tanning beds as this can also change the color of your hair and is overall very unhealthy for anyone, but especially a blonde as you have less pigment in your skin and hair.

The one thing you can be assured of is this is not STD related.

Closed Thread