It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• What has cured my danruff....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #1
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User
    Post What has cured my danruff....

Every winter I have bad dandruff and an itchy scalp. I have found that what works for me is Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment shampoo and Listerine (yes, the mouthwash!). I use H&S Intensive because it is the kind that works best for me. I have tried most everything else including regular H&S, T-Gel, and Selsun Blue. Different dandruff shampoos work for different people, depending on what type of dandruff you have. After I wash and rinse my hair with H&S Intensive and conditioner, I pour 2 capfuls of Listerine over my head. Then I gently rub it into my scalp. It has cold feeling. Then I rinse it out and get out of the shower. I no longer have flakes and my scalp only itches sometimes. It is great!
    The Listerine makes my hair smell a little minty, but only if you put your nose up to my head. I have read that Listerine use to be advertised as a dandruff product and works because it cleanses your scalp and all of the build-up. Kind of like a facial toner. I have an oily scalp, so this makes sense to me. It really works for me!
    I have also read that you can use Sea Breeze for dandruff, but I have never tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread