It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• African american female in need of some hair tips. HEEEELLLP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
    twhite
    (female)

twhite HB User
    Question African american female in need of some hair tips. HEEEELLLP!

Ok like I my hair is already thick its grows fast but not fast enough as I would like it to. I just cut my splint ends a few days ago and my now my hair looks extremely short. I want my hair to grow longer in length like close to the length of the singer Beyonce's hair, but I don't know what I can do to get it to that length. I been thinking about going to buy some Biotin prenatal vitamins and some of that Nioxin shampoo but I heard that its for thinning the hair and I don't want my hair to get thin. I don't go to the beauty salon very often so I need some at home beauty tips for the hair to grow thicker and longer in length. Ive also heard that baby oil helps grow hair, any feedback on that as well?

Last edited by twhite; 03-31-2004 at 10:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 11:06 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: African american female in need of some hair tips. HEEEELLLP!

Hi,

Firstly, Nioxin is advertised for thinning hair, meaning hairloss.
    Washing the hair regularly, keeping the scalp stimulated but NOT vigourously, being in good health all make sure the hair grows at its normal rate. Illness, poor diet, lack of scalp stimulation, low thyroid can cause thinning and slow growing hair.

Hair grows and falls out at a preprogrammed rate. It does seem that hair grows at its fastest rate during warm/hot weather and its slowest rate during the colder weather.

You'll just have to be patient until your hair grows. There are shampoos that will smooth the hair giving it the illusion of being longer. Keep it in optimum condition for it to maintain its length.

One thing you may not even realise is that maybe Beyonce's hair is extensions?

Also, just to let you know that hair also grows to a pre-programmed length. So, if you want hair to be 36" and yours only grows up to 20"....it won't happen and you'll just have to reset your mindset and pick a new goal.

What shampoo and products do you use at this time? Are there any that are super conditioning or smoothing? Do you use a flat iron on it? How often do you wash it?

Patience and good hair care are the only things that will allow you to accomplish your goal at this time.

Best to you,
    quincy

Old 04-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
    MadSkillzGal
    Inactive

MadSkillzGal HB User

Go to your local health store and buy Sea Kelp tablets. These basically stimulate your metabolism and often the result is hair which grows quicker and far more lustrious

Old 04-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
    treeoflife

treeoflife HB User

Hello

I am African Aamerican also and I have a neurological condition called RSD and the medications made my hair fall out bad at the top of my head. I was forced to cut my hair over the summer very short. I was told by a family member to try a product called formula 37. give it a try I pray it works for you. My hair is thick and down my back and I thank God I tried it. If you do keep me updated. I am usually posting on the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy board. Good luck.

Cindy

Last edited by moderator2; 04-02-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #5
    twhite
    (female)

twhite HB User
    Question Re: African american female in need of some hair tips. HEEEELLLP!

Thank you all for your feedback back I really appreciate it. I mean I know Beyonce has extensions but I just really wanna get it to that length. Like I said I really don't go the the salon that often I shampoo my hair once every 3 - 3 1/2mths yea I know thats bad and I should be ashamed of myself. I get my hair relaxed every 3-3 1/2 mths and thats the only time that I wash it really. With my hair being the way it is its so thick and after I wash it, I look like frankenstein on crack of something, so I wind up wearing my hair in a ponytail for about 2-3 days until I get someone to flat iron it for me, using the irons that you can use on a stove, because I can't do it myself I think Im gonna drop them on my neck or something, but I wanna do things differently now with my hair like conditioning it every week, and any other things I need to do besides conditioning it. The products that I often use are Botanicals relaxer, motions hair grease & shampoo & leave in conditioner from time to time, & motions hair conditoner in a jar very rare though.

Last edited by twhite; 04-08-2004 at 08:46 AM.

Closed Thread