It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• My hair is growing back, no more baldness!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
    Vip
    (male)

Vip HB User
    My hair is growing back, no more baldness!

Hi guys i seen alot of people here stressing about hair loss and lets face it, its somthing know one wants to go through. I went to my doctor one day when i was 21 and he said "yeah cool i will put you on propecia dont worry it will grow your hair back soon and you loose your sex drive while on these" thats is how casual he was on saying it lol. I went and brought a pack that day and started to take the tablets.

First Month: I noticed my hair loss was slowly stopping, by the 4th week it was rare to see a hair on my hand in the shower.

Second month: My hair loss had stopped and my hair become so strong not even my mates could belive it, they would grab a strand of hair and pull it from my head (not to hard) but it stayed in place witch was amazing, so i was happy my hair loss had stopped.

Third month: I shaved my hair on clipper stage number 4 witch is about 1" long or just a little bit shorter, my g/f looked at my head to see how good the tablets were going and she couldnt belive it but i had hair growing back! yep thats right my hair started to grow back, i couldnt belive this as the other hair transplant companys told that this wouldnt happen, there wernt alot of them at that time but they were there and visable enough to see there was new hair comeing through.

I made another appointment to see my doctor but he wasnt so supprized as i though as he had seen this a couple of times before lol (made a fool of myself). He said in about 5-10% of the cases that the hair will grow back and in 95% of the case hair loss will stop and its true as a couple of older guys at work went on it and it stopped there hair loss as well.
    With my sex drive it stopped while I was on them but dont worry guys its nothing major at all.
    Im now off them and I enjoy geling and spiking my hair now :P some hair does fall ut on me now as i havnt used them for about 3 years now but its nothing to worry about and i think i might wait a couple more years before I use them again.

So thats it guys i thought i might just help out abit and put you guys at ease.

Damian.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User
    Re: My hair is growing back, no more baldness!

congratulations on your success. I'm still trying to hold off on Propecia/Finasteride as long as I can but I might be going on it in the future so this post is encouraging. If you get the chance, could you ask your doctor if you can take a decreased dosage and still yield the same results? I've read some posts elsewhere about this and people still claim great success. By decreased dosage I mean a tablet every other day, half a tablet every day, etc.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
    Vip
    (male)

Vip HB User

hmmm, really? well i have to go next wednesday (inflamed left arm) and i will ask him about this

Old 04-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

Thanks and I wouldn't know, this is just what I've read from other people. It does seem to make sense to me and would also save a lot of money in the long run.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

I am 21 years old and I have bald spots galore all ready on the top of my head. It sucks. Propecia? I'm going to have to make an appointment.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #6
    Breezes
    (male)

Breezes HB User

Deletexxxx

Last edited by Breezes; 04-04-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Breezes
    I take a half a tab/day and it works great. I cut them in half with a pill cutter.....combine it with Minoxidil and the results are even better.

Haven't had any side effects with Propecia.
    Did your doctor prescribe you to do this or did you come up with this idea yourself? Also, how long have you been on Propecia and what have your results been throughout?

Last edited by Hitmen; 04-04-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
    rnmcd
    Inactive

rnmcd HB User

Many people quarter Proscar (which is the same active ingredient as Propecia--finasteride).

The original poster said he is no longer on propecia....all studies say that if you stop propecia or minoxidil you will lose all the benefits gained.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #9
    Breezes
    (male)

Breezes HB User

Deletexxxx

Last edited by Breezes; 04-04-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Closed Thread