It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Effects of stress and diet on hairloss....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #1
    c12385
    (male)

c12385 HB User
    Effects of stress and diet on hairloss....

How much of a factor is stress and/or diet in hair loss? I left for my first year of college about a month and a half ago. As you can imagine, it was a pretty stressful time for me and I've been extremely busy and stressed out every day ever since I got to school. My diet has also changed, but I've begun taking a multivitamin daily. I've noticed a change in my hairline and that it seems to be receeding. I've always had a hairline that has appeared to be receeding on both corners, so I've been worried about it for years, but recently I've noticed a definite change. I'm not sure if it has actually happened in the couple of months since I've been in school, or if I've only just now noticed it. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
    Re: Effects of stress and diet on hairloss....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by c12385
    How much of a factor is stress and/or diet in hair loss? I left for my first year of college about a month and a half ago. As you can imagine, it was a pretty stressful time for me and I've been extremely busy and stressed out every day ever since I got to school. My diet has also changed, but I've begun taking a multivitamin daily. I've noticed a change in my hairline and that it seems to be receeding. I've always had a hairline that has appeared to be receeding on both corners, so I've been worried about it for years, but recently I've noticed a definite change. I'm not sure if it has actually happened in the couple of months since I've been in school, or if I've only just now noticed it. Any thoughts?? Thanks.
    Both of these have an effect on hair, especially diet. Hair is made up of mostly protein and if you don't eat enough of it, well that's bad news for your hair. It's good that you're taking a multivitamin to supplement, though, that helps. But, it's not a cure all.

Closed Thread