It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Oh God! Someone PLEASE help me! Hair dyed BLACK -- it won't come off palms of hands

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User
    Unhappy Oh God! Someone PLEASE help me! Hair dyed BLACK -- it won't come off palms of hands

Hello... I tried to color my hair to cover some greys, (I'm natually very dark brown), so I used "dark brown," but it came out BLACK. Also, my mother did it for me, but we didn't have gloves and it stained her hands like you wouldn't believe!!! Her palms are like purple and the skin is really tight. We've tried everything to get it off... even bleach, alcohol, dawn soap, special hand cleansers... but it won't budge. Can you please tell us how to get it off her hands?! And any tips on how to get it out of my hair faster?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
    IfeelOff
    (female)

IfeelOff HB User
    Re: Oh God! Someone PLEASE help me! Hair dyed BLACK -- it won't come off palms of hands

Melissa what brand hair color did you use?

Rule of thumb is go two shades lighter then your original color as most tend to make it darker. I just colored mine I am dark brown and went with medium brown and it made it darker.

One good thing for you if its to dark it will fade after a few washings if you use a shampoo to remove build up like Nutragina it might help fade it quicker.

As for your Moms hands hmmm gosh sounds like you tried all the things, I think keep them moist and it will come out faster. How about Hand cleaner? LIke the kind from the hardware store? I wonder if that would work? It comes in a tub and also you can buy a tub in the section of the laundry detergents to remove stains, on one of mine it says can be used as a hand cleaner too!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User
    Re: Oh God! Someone PLEASE help me! Hair dyed BLACK -- it won't come off palms of h

Thanks for responding, IfeelOff! I used L'oreal technique Color Gems (demi permanent). What's freaking me out is the fact that I shampooed my hair 4 times (conditioning between each time), and even after I stopped seeing color in the shower, my hair is STILL THE SAME COLOR. It's like so black that it looks blue.

I've been using Treseme Deep Cleansing... What do you think of that one to remove this God-awful color!?!?! lol

Thanks again!!!

Old 07-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
    Dan_Sims
    Inactive
    (male)

Dan_Sims HB User
    Re: Oh God! Someone PLEASE help me! Hair dyed BLACK -- it won't come off palms of h

Melissa, dont worry.
    The same thing happened to me.
    I got Dye on my hands.
    It usually takes like 1 to 2 weeks for the Dye to get off her hands.
    Just tell her to wash her hands with soap everyday.
    The dye will vanish in 2 weeks.
    Thats what happened to me.
    My hands were this purplish color and 2 weeks later after washing my hands.
    All the dye was gone and my handns were normal color again.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User

Thanks Dan_Sims... So I guess we'll just have to wait it out! The bad part is that (I think) I broke my toe last night, and this morning we're on our way into the doctors with A) blue hair, and B) purple palms. LOL! Thanks again everyone!

Closed Thread