It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Anyone had laser removal?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
    Jeff487
    (male)

Jeff487 HB User
    Anyone had laser removal?

I've been thinking about having laser hair removal on some places of my body. Mainly, I've been considering chest, stomach and face (not entirely, just the neck mainly..) - Although I can't really afford it, I'm definitely putting it on my list of things to get done when I can. It's not that I have lots of hair, but.. I just find my body looks better (and face) without it. Although I'd be willing to pass on the body one, the face... Well.. I have stubble which is really irritating and ugly in my opinion.

But I've read many things about laser surgery, and from what I've read, for it be effective you have to have several treatments over the course of the year. And that you can't shave?? Doesn't that mean you'd have nasty beard while waiting for your hair to die?

Please tell me your experiences...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
    drv
    (female)

drv HB User
    Re: Anyone had laser removal?

hi i just finished my 7 treatments which i did every 4-8 weeks depending on the body part. i was allowed to shave but no waxing or plucking only shaving even the face. have to stay out of the sun so do it in winter is better.i am preety happy with the results as nothing on my face grows back and my legs there are a couple little patches of maybe 5 hairs that grow back here and there..very slowy but the hair is VERY fine almost blonde now that i can walk out and not notice. i also had brazilian done and same thing some areas are growing back but very thin/fine brownish blonde hair. i might have to go back in for a couple more treatments on those patches but im overall satisfied. ill have to wait since its only been a month or two since my last(7th) treatment so maybe the hairs are still growing out hoping..lol by the way i have fair skin and very thick course dark black hair so its a big difference. i would say get one area you hate the most done first to see how you react and like it. then pay more for the other areas.

hope this helps
    =Dee

Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 AM   #3
    Jeff487
    (male)

Jeff487 HB User

Anyone else? Looking for men mainly.. Since the area I most want treatment is something women don't have

Old 07-31-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
    Choice
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Choice HB User

Women do have chests, stomachs and faces...hair included.

Laser requires multiple treatments, how many depends on what percentage of hair you want removed. For 100% you'll need several laser treatments followed by a series of electrolysis. Laser does good to get to 85%. It will probably take more than a year.

I don't know where you read that you can't shave. That's incorrect information. You must shave before each treatment, and you can shave in between treatments. Shaving during the shedding stage is sometimes difficult on a man's beard. The hairs have been carbonized by the laser and are a bit tough for the razor. After you shed, you have some hair free time, and then as the growth phase begins, you will feel the need to shave until the next treatment. After each treatment, there will be less and less to shave.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:43 AM   #5
    Jeff487
    (male)

Jeff487 HB User

Ok thanks. Ive done some reading and it seems Im a suitable candidate for laser treatment. Not bad prices too, with full face packages available.

I'm curious though, if the full treatment takes about a year (for best results) what happens during the treatments. Do you see a reduction of hair before the finished product?

Closed Thread