It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Facial Hair Growth -- Spironolactone + Vaniqa?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
    tiggerbuddy
    Veteran
    (female)

tiggerbuddy HB User
    Facial Hair Growth -- Spironolactone + Vaniqa?

Last edited by tiggerbuddy; 08-13-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: want to delete my post. Didn't realize I was breaking any rules. I won't be posting on this forum again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
    Choice
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Choice HB User
    Re: Facial Hair Growth -- Spironolactone + Vaniqa?

Why are you taking spironolactone if you haven't been diagnosed with PCOS? That's very uncommon for a physician to prescribe otherwise. Spironolactone does very little to the hair you currently have. It prevents dormant follicles from becoming active and producing new hairs.

Electrolysis works on any hair color, any skin type. You'll need to discontinue the Vaniqa if you decide to pursue permanent removal.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
    tiggerbuddy
    Veteran
    (female)

tiggerbuddy HB User

Last edited by tiggerbuddy; 08-13-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: want to delete my post. Didn't realize I was breaking any rules. I won't be posting on this forum again.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
    Choice
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Choice HB User

I'm very familiar with hirsutism and it's treatments, both medically and mechanically. It may be all over the internet, but spironalactone should be a last ditch effort. But in recent years is being over prescribed. There are many side effects that can be worse than the hair problem. Were you tested for insulin resistance or low iodine levels?

Electrolysis (FDA classified as permanent hair removal) was invented more than 130 years ago to permanently remove ingrown/inverted eyelashes. It involves applying either AC, DC or both currents inside each hair follicle via a small filament. It is effective on all hair color and skin types. It doesn't discriminate.

Laser hair removal (FDA classifies it permanent reduction) was perfected in the late 1990's. Multiple hairs are treated at one time via a laser beam. It is most effective on the darkest, coarsest hairs on the lightest skin colors. It can achieve around 85% reduction.

Closed Thread