HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Hair Problems (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/)
-   -   First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned. (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/701081-first-grey-hair-25-concerned.html)

dirkson4 06-29-2009 05:00 AM

First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned.

Hey Guys...

About 2 or three weeks ago I found my first grey hair on the side of head... I couldn't believe it!..I have pretty thick dark hair so it showed up easily.. I plucked it out and sure enough it was a definite grey!

I just kind of forgot about it thinking it may have been a one off but I have found a few more since then and I'm pretty concerned about it. I know some people say grey hair on a man can be attractive but I just wasn't expecting it at this age!

I should mention that I have been under extreme stress lately due to problems at work.. I don't know if that could have something to do with it?? No one in my family has gone grey particularly early... I hope I don't either.
Do you think a few greys is an indicator i'm going to grey early? or could it just be a one off thing? or could I possibly just stay with a few greys for years and years?

Anyway the main reason i'm posting is this is really making me a bit upset and I'm becoming a bit obsessive looking for grey hairs in front of the mirror each morning which I know doesn't help anything... It's hard not to check though :(

Any others out there get any greys around this age? It would make me feel better knowing I'm not only one..

Sorry if i sound like a vain and weak person.. I have some other health issues and this is just a bit upsetting on top of those..

Thanks.

MrsLee 06-29-2009 09:20 AM

Re: First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned.

Hello. If it makes you feel any better, I found my first white hair at age 19. My mom started getting them at 18.

I'm 27 now, and they aren't too bad. I don't have a lot of the white hairs, but they sort of cluster at the front of my hairline where my hair parts. It's frustrating at times, but I notice them more than other people notice them. I try to not worry about it.

Choice 06-29-2009 08:50 PM

When I was 26, I found 3 at one time! I quickly yanked them out. It was during a stressful time and I attributed it to that. It was10+ years before I noticed any more. Now at age 45, I still have very few. I was a natural blond and my hair is getting darker and darker, so I get highlights, which conceals the handful of gray hairs I have now.

When my dad started graying, he used Grecian Formula and it worked amazingly well.

pitcherred 06-29-2009 11:23 PM

i wouldnt be concerned a single gray at your age is not premature anything..i am 45 look not more than 40.. i have gray.. and had like <YOU> a few isolated at about 26.. i am not even nearly gray at 45 maybe about 5- 10% tops..... so dont worry <YOU>are long way from turning,