It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
    dirkson4
    (male)

dirkson4 HB User
    First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned.

Hey Guys...

About 2 or three weeks ago I found my first grey hair on the side of head... I couldn't believe it!..I have pretty thick dark hair so it showed up easily.. I plucked it out and sure enough it was a definite grey!

I just kind of forgot about it thinking it may have been a one off but I have found a few more since then and I'm pretty concerned about it. I know some people say grey hair on a man can be attractive but I just wasn't expecting it at this age!

I should mention that I have been under extreme stress lately due to problems at work.. I don't know if that could have something to do with it?? No one in my family has gone grey particularly early... I hope I don't either.
    Do you think a few greys is an indicator i'm going to grey early? or could it just be a one off thing? or could I possibly just stay with a few greys for years and years?

Anyway the main reason i'm posting is this is really making me a bit upset and I'm becoming a bit obsessive looking for grey hairs in front of the mirror each morning which I know doesn't help anything... It's hard not to check though

Any others out there get any greys around this age? It would make me feel better knowing I'm not only one..

Sorry if i sound like a vain and weak person.. I have some other health issues and this is just a bit upsetting on top of those..

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User
    Re: First Grey Hair at 25... Concerned.

Hello. If it makes you feel any better, I found my first white hair at age 19. My mom started getting them at 18.

I'm 27 now, and they aren't too bad. I don't have a lot of the white hairs, but they sort of cluster at the front of my hairline where my hair parts. It's frustrating at times, but I notice them more than other people notice them. I try to not worry about it.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
    Choice
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Choice HB User

When I was 26, I found 3 at one time! I quickly yanked them out. It was during a stressful time and I attributed it to that. It was10+ years before I noticed any more. Now at age 45, I still have very few. I was a natural blond and my hair is getting darker and darker, so I get highlights, which conceals the handful of gray hairs I have now.

When my dad started graying, he used Grecian Formula and it worked amazingly well.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
    pitcherred
    (male)

pitcherred HB User

i wouldnt be concerned a single gray at your age is not premature anything..i am 45 look not more than 40.. i have gray.. and had like <YOU> a few isolated at about 26.. i am not even nearly gray at 45 maybe about 5- 10% tops..... so dont worry <YOU>are long way from turning,

Last edited by msmod; 06-30-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread