It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Dark Spots Around Nipples-Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
    Ella74

Ella74 HB User
    Post Dark Spots Around Nipples-Help!

Ever since I was about 13 I had dark hairs growing around my nipples. At first I shaved them but they came back too often for me to be comfortable w/that method, plus I could still see the dark hairs beneath the skin when I shaved, which looked really bad to me. So I started tweezing, never reading (as I have begun to read recently) that this was not good as it could cause scarring/marks.

Since the beginning my tweezing would cause ingrown hairs, dark spots and the like. Actually even before I began tweezing I would get ingrown hairs around my nipples too, though.

Now I am in my late 20s and I thought, as a young teen, that by this time my problem would be solved as I thought plucking the hairs would eventually kill the roots. Instead, I still grow hairs around my nipples and in addition, brownish spots all around my niplpes too, that I think might never go away as I've been bruising/traumatizing these hair follicles for over a decade now.

I feel extremely insecure about the appearance of my breasts for this reason. They're very unattractive to me. I've never had a time in my life where my breasts looked "nice", like other womens breasts -- even women I've seen with hairs around their nipples only have a few, (if I don't tweeze I will grow 20-30 hairs) and I have never seen any other woman w/small bruises all around her nipples, as I have.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions or experience w/this problem?

I am half black, half white, and the skin on my breasts is pretty light, compared to the rest of me. --So, I've wondered if tanning would help hide the dark spots somewhat, but I don't want to try this if it will only cause more problems.

ANY help would be sincerely appreciated! I have tried just not plucking the hairs, but then I grow so many hairs (I would say 20-30_ -- dark, long -- often 2-4 hairs growing from a single pore/follicle -- and I really REALLY do not like the way this looks either! So I always end up tweezing it all out.

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
    Sting66
    Inactive

Sting66 HB User
    Hello,

I wonder if you should call and ask your doctor the best way to deal with this?

I mean, maybe waxing could do the trick, but if tweezing has caused trouble in the past, maybe it's not necessarily the best thing. It's such sensitive skin in that area, so, I don't know...

Good luck -- I know this is an annoying problem!

Sarah

Old 08-13-2003, 05:50 AM   #3
    Trishka
    Inactive

Trishka HB User
    I have a few hairs too, and when I was your age, I used to get ingrowns also and the other problems you describe. I would see a dermatologist and even though treatment may be expensive, try to save for it. Don't waste your youth by being embarassed about your breasts. Do something about it now so that you can enjoy being a young woman.
    Also treatments get less expensive as technology improves, so if you start saving even a little now, you may be surprised by what you can afford in the near future.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:00 PM   #4
    MessyGirl

MessyGirl HB User
    Wierd. I am half white and half black too and have the same problem (as well as too much hair everywhere else though). I've had electrolysis there, and it's the only place i've had it that it doesn't respond very well. Sorry. Maybe give elec a shot, and use tendskin in combination. I recommend doing only one breast w/ both elec and tendskin over 3-6 months and see if there is a real difference. Good luck and keep us posted.

[This message has been edited by MessyGirl (edited 08-18-2003).]

Old 12-15-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
    NC1981

NC1981 HB User
    Re: Dark Spots Around Nipples-Help!

I pretty much have the same problem you've described. Let me know if you find a solution.

Closed Thread