It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board

• Question about coloring bleached hair darker

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
    ShiningCrazyDiamond

ShiningCrazyDiamond HB User
    Question Question about coloring bleached hair darker

(I posted this on another board too.)

Have any of you ever had bleached blonde hair (not naturally blonde) and decided to put a lot darker color in it? Did you color it darker using a permanent or semi-permanent color? I was bleached very blonde for probably a total of ten minutes haha, but I hated it so much that I had the stylist add a dark red right afterwards. I loved the red, it looks really good on me! The problem is that she used a semi-permanent, said it would be too damaging to use a permanent. The semi faded a lot to a light to medium copper, this copper shade has stuck in my hair for a few months. I was going to remove it, but I decided that I love dark red so much (I already have some red in my natural color anyway), so I've decided that I want to color it again, something much more red and darker than it is now, and something NOT coppery. But I don't know if using a permanent color will be damaging and do not know if it will truly stick. It's been a few months since it was bleached. And my roots are also over an inch. Does anyone have any advice about this? Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 05:21 AM   #2
    cs67

cs67 HB User
    OK, I just saw this after I replied on the other one. Sooo, you already have red hair and want to stick with red. That's easy. I think permanent color will be fine, don't worry. The stylist didn't want to do it immediately after bleaching, because your hair was very porous, but after a few weeks it's OK.

See other posting about doing a strand test. It's the best way to see how your hair will react, without risking too much.

Even the permanent color will fade, they all do. Maybe dark red more than blonde, so you have to keep up with the coloring diligently. When you do the roots, just comb through your whole hair after 20 minutes and leave another 5 or 10 minutes. That should revitalize it. And I also love Feria, by the way.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #3
    Susannah
    (female)

Susannah HB User
    I agree with the last poster, Feria is the best . I've always colored my own hair with it, and when I switched to a new stylist, he complemented me on the color job the last guy had done. He couldn't believe I did it myself! My hair is naturally ash blonde. So, I've gone lighter with it most of them time. When I finally wanted to grow it out to it's natural color, I chose a shade about 2 times darker than my natural color. Because, what I've found, is the color the dark shade always fades to is about 2 shades lighter than it originally looks. So, that worked beautifully, my roots are probably 6 inches long now, but no one has even noticed, because the darker color faded into almost the exact shade of my hair. Oh, and the coloring didn't damage it too badly. The only thing you can tell from it is that the hair that has been colored is slightly more wavy than the hair that hasn't been colored, but I kind of liked the wave.

Susannah

Closed Thread