It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Localized back of head headache, worried about unrupted aneurysm?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-15-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
    louie88
    (female)

louie88 HB User
    Thumbs down Localized back of head headache, worried about unrupted aneurysm?

Hi! I'm new to the Healthboards so I should start by introducing myself shortly. I feel more safe with the people on this website, they seem so helpful-

I'm a girl, 18 years old, major hypochondriac and anxiety/sinus sufferer. I started taking Nebilet (beta-blocker) for my rapid heartbeat and palpitations a month ago, half each morning.

My problem here is:
    For the past two weeks or so, I've been having a very localized headache on the right back side of my head, almost like a ball was aching there.
    I assumed it was sinus and carried on since it wasn't constant, I would only notice it randomly throughout the day and sometimes when waking up.
    Very weak.

But yesterday, it got worse. It went from weak to mild, as waves of pain that also caused me to feel nauseous and just "ugh" rushed through my pain, especially upon standing up.

The pain itself wasn't too serious but it was an intense feeling and during those few seconds of the wave, I'd tell everyone to shut up and I'd lay down.

When I got home, I took Benuron 1000g and the headache got weaker, but I got a spreaded headache on the right back side of my head, which is more noticeable but still here right now.

The back right side of my head is hurting but not too severe, and moving my neck feels uncomfortable as well on that side.

Being the hypo I am, I researched it, and it said localized headaches could be unruputed aneurysms about to rupture... So if you could please give me any facts on why this COULD NOT be an aneurysm, it would ease my mind a lot..
    Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2015, 05:30 AM   #2
    louie88
    (female)

louie88 HB User
    Re: Localized back of head headache, worried about unrupted aneurysm?

I also forgot to mention I have no family history, besides my dad who had a left side thrombosis, and no risk factors as I don't smoke and I take pills for high blood pressure but never had it too high, just my heartbeat..

Reply Reply

Tags
    aneurysm, brain, brain aneurysm, head, headache