It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Migraine? Cluster?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
    andsoforget
    (female)

andsoforget HB User
    Migraine? Cluster?

When I am stressed, tired, busy, frustrated, or sometimes even just randomly, I get these awful, awful headaches.....they usually originate behind my right eye, which according to my internet searches, means I have cluster headaches. But how do I know? They usually pulsate from the same location, behind my eye and on the right side of my head, and they don't go away for hours, even with ibuprofen...nothing I do seems to work. Anybody know what this is or how to fix it? I can give further description if necessary. Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
    silverjay
    (female)

silverjay HB User
    Question Re: Migraine? Cluster?

Hi,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are regularly suffering such dreadful headaches! I am not a doctor but suffer from migraines and can only tell you what I know and have found out about headaches. Firstly, with regard to cluster headaches, does your pain start very suddenly and is the pain immediately severe? These headaches are known to start very suddenly. Is it a sharp burning pain? Do you get any of the following symptoms: red and watering eye, smaller pupil in one eye, a swollen and drooping eyelid, a runny or blocked nose, a sweaty face? People with cluster headaches commonly get at least one of those symptoms, as well as the severe pain.

I get frequent migraines and I get the common symptoms most people get with them. Are you getting nausea and/or vomiting with the headaches? Do you feel you could almost draw a line down the center of your face and head to show where the pain is? In other words does it feel like the pain is exactly on one side of the head? I get this. Does light bother you when you have these headaches? Does noise become unbearable. Do you find that a quiet, dark room where you can lie quietly, is what you need? I also get the pain behind one eye which throbs, but my doctor said that I do not have cluster headaches. I do not get auras with my migraines but some people see flashing lights, feel dizzy, have numbness or tingling in their arms and these are the auras.

I really urge you to go and see your doctor and have him/her give you a definite diagnosis. If you do have cluster headaches, you will need specific treatment for them. Frequent, bad headaches should be checked out anyway, and urgently, just to be safe. I take sumatriptan for my migraines and it takes away the pain completely, but I would definitely not treat yourself with this drug without first visiting your doctor, as it can be dangerous.

Hope I have been of some help.
    sending you hugs.

Last edited by silverjay; 11-16-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
    CameraGirl1112
    (female)

CameraGirl1112 HB User
    Re: Migraine? Cluster?

If you have cluster headaches, I think you would know- they are described as the most painful headache. These usually happen at night, and wake you up out of a dead sleep. When I get these, they come in "clusters", hence the name. You can get them every couple of months, with a period of remission.

The migraines that happen behind the eye can be from eyesight difficulties, or even dehydration. You can try using an icepack or a heating pad, but I would definitely go see a doctor and start some kind of migraine medication.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    diagnosis, headache, medication, migraine, pain