It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Vestibular Migraine??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
    Nicole4
    (female)

Nicole4 HB User
    Question Vestibular Migraine??

Hi there,

I've never posted to one of these before but I'm feeling pretty hopeless.
    Here's my situation:

It all started about a month and a half ago. I was trying to fall asleep one Tuesday night and couldn't catch my breath. Finally fell asleep around 1:30am. Woke up the next morning feeling a bit off but still went to work. Saw my PCP the next day due to the shortness of breath and she sent me to the ER since my heart rate was elevated (about 140, my resting is usually 65). Had multiple tests done in the ER and hospital (EKG, blood tests, EEG, chest X-ray) and everything was normal. Followed up with a cardiologist after, did a 24 hour EKG and everything checked out. This was late August.

SO NOW this is where I'm at: Mid Oct

Heart feels fine, SOB has gone away and my heart rate feels normal. BUT since the ER visit I've been having headaches if not every day, every other day and my head feels funny, not normal. It's very hard to describe but it feels like my head is drunk, like I've had a couple drinks and am a bit lightheaded. The feeling is constant. It feels like everything is too bright, it doesn't hurt, but just feels like my eyes can't handle it. I've seen 2 MD's, ENT, opthamology and I'm set up to see neurology next week. The ENT mentioned vestibular migraine, which I've done a lot of research on, I'm just not sure that my symptoms align. I have been diagnosed with TMJ in the past and I just picked up a temp night guard last night to see if that helps but could TMJ really be the cause?! Hoping someone has some insight, I just want to feel normal again.

Here's some info about me:
    23 y.o. Female
    I eat pretty healthy, lots of greens and fruits, maybe 1-2 cheat meals a week
    I used to exercise regularly before this all started, 4-5 days a week doing cardio and weights
    I've had my thyroid checked, Vit d levels, CBC, vit b12 everything was fine.
    The last doc prescribed imitrex and trycyclic antidepressants, the imitrex seems to stop the headache, but the funny head feeling and lightheadedness are still there regardless of a present headache. I haven't tried the antidepressant, but I will start tonight. Can anyone assist???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Sincerely,

Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    headaches, lightheaded, migraine, vestibular