It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Headache for 2 Months after Wisdom Teeth Removal

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
    Pufferfish14
    (male)

Pufferfish14 HB User
    Headache for 2 Months after Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hello,
    I got my wisdom teeth removed on November 19, 2016. The recovery process started well, but on the 23rd of November I developed a headache. The headache is pretty dull, about a 3 on a 10-point scale, and is mainly around my temples and is sometimes worse there when I am chewing. When this happens, it is a pulsating pain in my temple and goes away shortly after I stop chewing. The headache is also behind my eyes, and when I move them far to one side, there is a sharp pain there, and I have no idea what that could mean. I thought I was just dehydrated so a drank a lot of water and rested for the next couple days, but the headache persisted, so I took a few ibuprofen to try to ease the pain, but that failed to work. I went back to my oral surgeon and she said that everything healed up fine in my mouth, no dry socket or anything like that, and said that headaches are not uncommon after the surgery, so I went home and rested for the next couple of days. The headache persisted, so I made an appointment to see a neurologist, and he diagnosed it as a tension headache, and prescribed me to Indomethicin, Sumatriptan, and a tapering medrol dosepak. I tried all of the medications separately and took the dosepak as directed, but to no avail. I also had a massage and the masseuse said that my neck and shoulders were incredibly tight, but the massage had no effect on the headache. I then went to see my general Dentist, and she said that my jaw felt very tight, maybe a sign of TMJ, and prescribed me to a muscle relaxer, Cyclobenzaprine. I took the muscle relaxer for the next couple of days and that also didn't even scratch the headache. I have also gotten my vision checked, and it turns out I am slightly farsighted, a 0.5 prescription, so I got the glasses and wore them for a few weeks That didn't seem to help so I returned them for a full refund. I have recently been going to physical therapy once a week, and have had dry needling done in my jaw, neck, temple, and shoulders. That relaxed the muscles for a couple days but did not touch the headache at all. When pressure is applied to certain parts of my neck, I feel a sharp pain in the top of my head, but I don't know what that means and I can't find any answers. I have recently made an MRI appointment, but I'm honestly not worried that anything dangerous will be found, because I lack a lot of other symptoms that would lead me to believe I had a brain tumor or something life-threataning. My mom is a physical therapist and says that my posture is atrocious and may be contributing to the pain, so I have been making a conscious effort to work on it, but I haven't noticed any changes in the headache. I am contemplating going to see a chiropractor or maybe having acupuncture treatment, but am anxious to do the MRI and rule out anything else or maybe find the cause first. At this point, I am incredibly worried that I have some freak headache that just will never go away and nothing I do will have an effect on it. I am open to suggestions and greatly appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks

-Here is a list of every medication I have taken since the headache, none of which have had an effect. I am not currently taking any of these.

-motrin
    -ibuprofen
    -oxycodone
    -cyclobenzaprine
    -tramadol
    -indomethacin
    -fioricet
    -excedrin extra-strength (for migraines)
    -Sumatriptan
    -Medrol dosepak (x2)
    -Flonase

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    chronic, headache