It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Constant headache!!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
alyssa721
(female)

alyssa721 HB User
Constant headache!!

hi. I am a 19 year old female and I've been having a constant headache for about 10 days now. The ache usually starts when I get out of bad and lasts the whole day. It is a pretty dull pain similar to pressure. It doesn't stop me from daily activities but is uncomfortable and giving me anxiety. I have tried tons of over the counter pain killers but nothing works. I have tried prescription pills but I think they are more for migraines which I know I don't have. The migraine pills reduce pain but it never fully goes away. I also grind my teeth at night almost every night very hard but my doctor does not think that is what it is. How can I be sure it's not TMJ? Could I have this headache for a long time? Should I be concerned it's something like a tumor in my brain? I'm very anxious and just want it to go away!! Has anybody experienced this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: alyssa721
Queenie99 (05-12-2017),YaYagirl (05-12-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Constant headache!!

Dear alyssa,

Anxiety is a big producer of headaches, so it is imperative that you teach yourself how to relax. Pain killers do not usually help as much as making yourself relax. Grinding your teeth is a sign of anxiety. Everyone has anxiety, so it si important to learn how to handle it.

Keep a diary all day for a couple of weeks and note what you eat and drink and what you do and what makes the headaches start or stop. Journal what time and what you were doing when a headache starts, and after it stops. become more aware of your body's needs. Make sure to not skip meals and keep the sugary foods and drinks at a minimum. Sugar is a big cause of health problems including anxiety & headaches.

Let me know how you are doing sweetie.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 05-12-2017 at 02:25 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to YaYagirl For This Useful Post:
alyssa721 (05-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Constant headache!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa721 View Post
It is a pretty dull pain similar to pressure. Has anybody experienced this?
I have experienced pressure that was almost unbearable. It's a lucky thing that I quickly suspected it might the fish-oil pills that I started several days before. The pressure seemed to build up slowly, and when I stopped taking the pills, the pressure gradually subsided.

Another time I noticed the same thing happening when I took a large daily dose of vitamin D3. Eventually, I lowered the dosage to 600IU daily and that was the amount I could tolerate without having pressure build up in my head.

Everyone is different so it might be some other substance that's causing your pressure/headache. Try to think back and ask yourself if you started something new about 2 to 4 weeks ago. It might be a supplement or some new fortified food etc.. Or maybe it's something you have been taking for a long time and just recently increased the dosage.

Good luck.

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-12-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
headache, tmj disorder