It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Headache when I stand up

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Keeri
(female)

Keeri HB User
Headache when I stand up

Hello,
For the past 6 days, every time I stand up or lean forward, I get a sharp throbbing pain in the top of my head. A few days later I started to get neck stiffness but I believe it was caused from sleeping in my fiends bed, although it still hurts after 3 days. I went to the doctors and he said he believes they are tension headaches so he prescribed me muscle relaxers but I didnít feel they helped. As of today I have started to feel pain in my chest/lungs when I take deep breaths and it makes me cough but it is a dry cough. The only time I have ever felt pressure in my head from standing up or leaning forward is when I have a sinus headache from being sick with a cold but I do not have any cold symptoms so I am quite confused. Has anyone ever experienced symptoms like mine and found the source of the problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #2
Michele85
(female)

Michele85 HB User
Re: Headache when I stand up

i had similar problems, actually i used to have very often headache when i stood up and leaned forward. It is gone. I do not how. It just disappeared. But i realized i had it because i stood up very fast or did fast movement. i got also muscle relaxers but never helped. Did also some exercise like stretching but no success.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
mia1990
Inactive
(female)

mia1990 HB User
Re: Headache when I stand up

headache when you get up can be a sign of increased intracranial pressure. Do not underestimate this only go to the neurologist, the sooner the better. I also recommend visiting a pulmonologist

GOOD LUCK

Reply Reply