It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

New here and looking for advice ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
db078
(female)

db078 HB User
New here and looking for advice ...

I've suffered from migraines for nearly 10 years and it wasn't until very recently that I discovered that it was mostly hormonal (I came off of the pill and the almost nearly stopped). However, about 8 years ago they were so insanely bad that I had 2 MRIs done (w/ and w/o contrast). They found a scar on my brain that the neurologist I was seeing at the time literally waved off as nothing (when I say literally, I mean he actually waved his hand and said, "that doesn't mean anything.") He put me on a couple of different drugs that did nothing but interact with my mental health meds so I've ended up just going the homeopathic route since then. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago and I had quite literally the WORST headache of my entire life. Here's what I experienced (and I really want to know if anyone has ever felt this before... please)...

The headache came on the same as any other migraine. It built slowly over the course of the day. At first I thought it was being triggered by dehydration (a big trigger for me), so I started drinking water like crazy. Didn't help. I went to all my tried and true methods and nothing was working... it just kept getting worse and worse over the course of the night. Now, here's where it gets weird, and something I've never experienced before. I was trying to eat dinner when my body froze (kind of like sleep paralysis). I was awake, but I couldn't move. Then my head started squeezing tighter and tighter like it was in a vice. I felt like my eyes were closing the tighter my head squeezed. At the same time, I was feeling twitching in my left shoulder... very isolated. This may sound dramatic, but I honestly thought in that moment that I was going to die. I had never felt anything like that before. It lasted for about a minute to a minute and a half... squeezing, squeezing, squeezing... and then it stopped. The migraine was still there, but the squeezing and twitching went away. That happened a couple of more times that night (and once the following morning), but never as bad as the first time.

Sorry for the long backstory, but my question is, should I go to a neurologist and get checked out or was this probably just a really REALLY bad incident? Is it worth it to get another MRI done to see if there's been any changes since it's been 8 years? Appreciate any help and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
brain, headache, migraine, neurological