It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Cigarette/Dog Neurological Disorder

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
cheboyich
(male)

cheboyich HB User
Lightbulb Cigarette/Dog Neurological Disorder

Hello All, so glad I found this website, for the last 8 years my whole life has changed due to Cigarette smoke and Dog dander smell. This disorder cost me a 15 year career in Real Estate and a marriage! I get severe migraine headaches at the very hint of these two smells. Just trying to do every day life is an exercise in hyper vigilance, like going to a restaurant, store anywhere there is people that might be smoking, like in the parking lot.

When I detect the smell my right eye begins to hurt and immediately the migraine begins; which obviously ruins my day. I cannot go to friends houses that have a dog or smoke, or attend outdoor community events where people may be smoking. Over the years I have been to 3 Allergist and 2 Neurologists, I learned from the allergist that after the tests, shots would do no good as it is not an allergen. The neurologist informed me that I have a neurological disorder, in that the second my brain detects these two odors it immediately triggers the migraine.

I learned that Nasonex and Zrytec coupled with Singular have worked for some people. I have not tried these meds. Glad to know I'm not alone but desperate for something that will work. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply