It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Please help- anyone had this?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #1
MsJuanelle
(female)

MsJuanelle HB User
Please help- anyone had this?

two months ago, my 20 year old daughter had an “episode” where her left arm and leg went limp. Had CAT, MRI, EEG and nothing showed up. Same kind of episodes have been continuing. They differ somewhat each time, but mostly left arm and leg tingly and limp, slurred speech, sometimes seizure activity, sometimes confusion to the point of not knowing where she is, birthdays, age etc. pain and pulsating beat behind right eye, dizziness. A few times, there have been a headache in back right side, but not all the time. She went to cranial sacrial doctor and symptoms went away for 2 weeks, then gradually back. Also, going to a chiropractor. He did xrays and confirmed what the cranial dr said that her c1 is misaligned, and also c5 and c6. He believes it is a type of migraine. Sometimes hot compresses on her neck will relieve some of the symptoms. Also, if she pops her neck, it helps for awhile, but they usually return. These episodes can last for an hour or so to several hours or a couple of days off and on. Afterwards, she is very weak. Please tell me if anyone has experienced anything like this with migraines. The neuro is saying it is just stress and has dismissed her. I don’t believe that since the symptoms get relieved with manipulation and heat. I do understand stress can be a trigger and not denying that. I am so worried and don’t know where to turn. She gets dismissed at every turn. She has seen 2 psychiatrist and tried meds but NO help. She has been to counseling 2x but doesn’t seem to get anywhere with it, but I suppose will continue. At this point, I am ready to try anything. Please HELP
She has seen her primary care, neurologists, cranial sacral, accupunturist, psychiatrist, chiro. No one seems to know what is going on

Last edited by MsJuanelle; 05-14-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2018, 05:38 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Please help- anyone had this?

MsJuanelle, I would start with her primary care doctor. She may have had a stroke or heart attack. This is not a mental disorder, for heaven's sake! I certainly would not get a psychiatrist involved.

If she doesn't have a primary care doctor, get her established with one that has at least 25-35 years experience as a doctor. Don't take her to young doctors that have very limited experience. Let the young ones 'practice' on other people.

Chiropractors can be really great for skeletal issues, and I use them for that purpose, but this does not seem like that kind of scenario.

Reply Reply