It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Recurring head pain in same spot

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
    ryanw
    (male)

ryanw HB User
    Recurring head pain in same spot

Please forgive me for the long post but if I can get at least one person who has experienced the same thing to reach out it is worth it. All my problems started when I was 20 years old in 2012 (I am 26 now). I had just bought my first house and was expecting my first child in May and June respectively. Obviously this is quite the leap forward from a teenager out of high school at 18, finding a good full time job and jumping head first into home ownership and starting a family. If there was ever a trial by fire this was it as I felt I had no time to breathe or take any of it in. 2012 was the best and worst year of my life; I was so happy to have a new healthy baby boy and I was very proud of saving up and purchasing a house all on my own. I developed a mild headache this year and from what I remember it was before my son was born. This headache was constant, every single day 24/7 and it lasted all the way into the following year 2013. Now at first I didn't think anything of it and I figured it would just go away, when it lasted more than a week I figured it was just a sinus infection or something like that (which I have had before). I went to my Dr who thought the same and was on antibiotics. This played out for a while as I kept going back because it had not gone away. After several trips back to the doctors after a few months he scheduled me for a ct scan and then eventually an mri. The scans showed nothing except some blockage in my sinuses. Relieved, we tried another course of antibiotics with no result. After this I tried out a chiropractor for a few months with no results. I got my eyes tested (fine) and then finally I went to my dentist and he noticed I was clenching and grinding my teeth. After getting a mouth guard to wear at night the headache eventually subsided. Throughout this ordeal I developed an extraordinary case of hypochondria and thought I had every ailment no matter how rare or insane it seemed. I thought I had every kind of cancer, disease you name it I'm sure my Dr was getting sick of seeing me almost every other week. He put me on many different anti depressants this year and the following years. This is a history of the start of my difficulty. The pain I'm feeling now developed in 2013 I believe and would last with me for a couple years. It's hard to describe this pain. It is in the left side of my head about an inch and a half above the middle of my left eye and ear. This pain comes and goes, I can be doing nothing and all of a sudden get a sharp mild pain and as quickly as it came it is gone. It never lasts for more than a few seconds but it happens in instances when I bend over, sneeze, cough, turn my head to the left but is basically random and it doesnt hurt but it is concerning nonetheless. I can do all these activities like bending over, sneezing and all that and experience no sensation at all this is why it's confusing because there doesn't seem to be a particular event that causes the pain. When seeing my Dr for this particular pain he continued to try different antidepressants and booked me with a neurologist. The neurologist gave me a clean bill and told me to stop worrying as it was nothing to be concerned with. I had this pain up until 2016 when it mysteriously disappeared. Granted 2016 was the best year of my life; I was eating healthy, worked out like an absolute boss and was in the best shape of my life. Now we fast forward to late 2017. My second child was born in 2015 and she was a nightmare but especially in her second year. She had trouble sleeping and it was (and still is as of writing this) very stressful, she was the deciding factor when it came to having more children I will never have another kid because it has almost been unbearable sometimes dealing with her. Around late 2017 this mysterious pain has returned after being gone for over a year. I am a little heavier then I was in 2016 but it's not as though I am completely unhealthy. I eat right most of the time still but I have only been to the gym a total 12 times this year as opposed to 267 times the previous year. When I was in my best shape I was 192 lbs 9% body fat. right now I am 232 lbs and am embarrassed to have no shirt on this summer. I still have anxiety issues when it comes to my health and am always concerned about leaving my children and wife behind. I think about things way to much and I don't let myself enjoy my life and I am missing out on my kids growing up because of it. For the past 2 weeks my left arm and leg have felt heavy, not numb or tingly but heavy is the only way I can describe it. I have full feeling, strength etc but something feels off almost like bad circulation. I don't know if this is connected or what but it may be helpful. I am concerned about the pain in my head even though I have had multiple scans, blood tests, and had every re-assurance possible yet I am still dumbfounded and have no answers. Is this all in my head? Is my stress really manifesting into all these physical pains? Is it possible my jaw clenching is causing all of my trouble? Am i going crazy? please if there is anyone else out there who has experienced anything like this (and who made it through this storybook) let me know I'm not alone. My anxiety is holding me prisoner I hate it so much.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, depression, head, headache, pain