It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Persistent Headache for 3 Months

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
HeadacheIssue
(male)

HeadacheIssue HB User
Persistent Headache for 3 Months

I have had a headache every day for the past 3-4 months. I first noticed the headache after I went swimming. It feels like a tension type headache, mostly focused on the right side of my head, above the eyebrow. I feel constant pressure in this area and just above my nose. It usually affects the front of my head although sometimes my whole head will pulse. I have experienced several other symptoms during this time. One of my nostrils always feels stuffed. I tried taking sinus medication and using nasal strips while I slept but this did nothing to alleviate the headaches. Recently I have begun feeling extremely dizzy throughout the day.
I have seen a doctor. An X-ray of my nose revealed no problems and blood work that I did turned up nothing. I will be seeing a massage therapist within the next few weeks.
Has anyone experienced anything similar to this that can help me diagnose it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Persistent Headache for 3 Months

Headaches, dizziness, and a "stuffed nostril" can be caused by an allergy. Unless you have been exposed to some toxic chemicals, I would suspect it might be a food allergy. There's no guarantee of that, but it could be one possible cause.

It's always good to check with your doctor, which you did. But doctors may often overlook a food item as being a possible cause.

Assuming that your headaches might be caused by a certain food item/allergy, you might try keeping a food diary to keep track of what you eat. And then see if there is an association between a certain food and when you get your headache. If it's a common food that you have at every meal, it might be difficult to figure out so you will just have to switch around and try different things.

Also, keep in mind that it could be supplements, other over-the-counter medications you might be taking, or possibly a skin cream.

Think about anything new or different like a new car that has had the upholstery sprayed with a fabric protector, or new furniture/carpeting in your home that has been sprayed to protect against stains.

Did you get a dog or cat 3-4 months ago? Some people are allergic to pets.

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-02-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
ryanw
(male)

ryanw HB User
Re: Persistent Headache for 3 Months

I had a constant headache lasting for over a year. The doctor believed it was sinus related and I did indeed have serious inflammation of my maxillary sinuses. I was prescribed antibiotics but it never helped. I was sure I had a brain tumour or something so i had an MRI and CT scan and they all showed up clear. At this point I tried going to the chiropractor. This was an absolute waste of time and money. Anyways long story short I finally figured out I was clenching my jaw. Ive worn a mouth guard at night for 5 years now and never had a constant never ending headache again. Hopefully you figure out your cause GL.

Reply Reply