It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Sinus Migraine? Sinus and eye involved

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
    Posie70
    (female)

Posie70 HB User
    Sinus Migraine? Sinus and eye involved

I've had migraines for years (currently cutting out many foods to see if it helps). SYMPTOMS:Currently my sinuses (changes sides but usually right side) and the corresponding eye will feel pain and almost like a cold sensation - like mild menthol is in my sinus and in my eye. I don't think it's allergies since the pollens don't seem to affect it and antihistamines don't work (claritin, benadryl, olopatadine eyedrops, sinus rinse, sinus drops, flonase, etc etc). Topomax doesn't get it, imitrex doesn't get it. I go around squinting all day. Heat compress DOES help and showers help.
    ENT Dr. says my sinuses are clear and not irritated looking WHILE I'm having this headache. She says it's probably the nerve running through sinus (trigeminal nerve?).
    EYE Dr. says it's allergies but like I said, allergy meds don't help at all. I wear glasses sometimes. It hurts even when I don't look at screens.
    NEURO Dr. says take more topirimate but I also have anxiety which that could be making worse...

Anyone have this? My nose will run clear when it gets extra bad but no sneezing or watering eyes.

I will also feel odd sensations like fluid moving around in my sinuses from one side to the other... like draining but it doesn't come out. Especially at night when I roll from side to side.

I ALSO have inflammatory ARTHRITIS (Auto immune disease caused) So I've read this can cause eye problems but RA Dr. doesn't seem to think it's related.

HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Sinus Migraine? Sinus and eye involved

Have you seen an opthamologist? Get your eyes checked to make sure that nothing is going on behind your eye...I had very similar issues going on last week to the point where I was in so much pain- I went to my neurologist (I have MS) who sent me to a neuro-opthamologist...turns out my optic nerve is inflamed and causing the issues..I was given steroids to reduce swelling it and it worked.

Get your eyes checked- it might not be your sinuses.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
    Posie70
    (female)

Posie70 HB User

My ophthalmologist said it was allergies, which it isn't. I'll ask her again at next appointment but it switches sides. Usually right side but sometimes left. I do have inflammatory arthritis. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
    HelpfulMin
    (female)

HelpfulMin HB User

Maybe you can get a second opinion by a Neurosurgeon if you've done any scans.

Reply Reply

Tags
    eye irritation, eye pain, sinus pain, sinus pressure