It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Waking up with a headache and diarrhea

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
    kanattoo
    (female)

kanattoo HB User
    Waking up with a headache and diarrhea

Once or twice a week I wake up with a throbbing, middle of the forehead headache that is ALWAYS accompanied by diarrhea or loose stools. It usually lasts 2 to 3 hours and normally will go away with ibuprofen. Any idea what might be causing it? At first I thought dehydration, but I feel like I drink plenty of water throughout the day. The only meds I take our women's daily vitamins and a calcium/D3 supplement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Waking up with a headache and diarrhea

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kanattoo View Post
    Once or twice a week I wake up with a throbbing, middle of the forehead headache that is ALWAYS accompanied by diarrhea or loose stools. It usually lasts 2 to 3 hours and normally will go away with ibuprofen. Any idea what might be causing it? At first I thought dehydration, but I feel like I drink plenty of water throughout the day. The only meds I take our women's daily vitamins and a calcium/D3 supplement.

Hi Kanattoo,

Have you had food allergies? The fact that you are drinking water should help alot. I think you should make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

The two may not be connected...headaches do not usually cause diarrhea. Maybe the diarrhea is from a GI problem? The headaches could be anything from allergies to the weather.

Start by seeing a GI doctor and get yourself checked out. You want to get the diarrhea under control so that you do not get dehydrated and to make sure nothing is really wrong...in the meantime, maybe an eye exam and a full physical to check for reasons for the headaches. Generally the type of headache which responds to Ibuprofen is not anything serious.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
    kanattoo
    (female)

kanattoo HB User

I'm almost 50 and I've never had any food allergies. I probably need to do a food diary as I've wondered if there is something I'm eating that's causing it. Nothing obvious I can think if, but you never know. I feel like it must be related because it always happens together and it's always in the morning. The diarrhea never lasts more than a few hours.

Reply Reply

« Daily headaches | - »