It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Does anyone have a combination of these symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
    actudan
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

actudan HB User
    Does anyone have a combination of these symptoms?

Back in May I started having a pressure on the top back left of my head. Sometimes it felt like a burning sensation and never really like a headache. Sometimes the pressure would get pretty intense and I would have what a call jittery eye because I couldn't focus on anything and I would become dizzy at times too. I had an MRI and CT scan which were negative. My family doctor didn't seem to think it had anything to do with my sinuses and thought it was a nerve problem. He put me on Naproxen and I was also taking goody powders and ibuprofen but nothing helped. I also developed a stomach ulcer from taking the meds and drinking alcohol. I was just trying to get some relief from the pressure.

Well the pressure stayed with me for 24/7 for a little over a month and it suddenly went away. About a month ago, it started back but hasn't gotten as severe as it did the first time. Since both times has happened around season changes, I started thinking it may have something to do with allergies. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor because he really didn't help me the first time so now I plan to see my ENT. Even though the pressure isn't as bad, I now get pulsing in my ears every day and my tinnitus is happening more frequently. Sometimes the pulsing in my ears is stong and it feels like I have water pressure in my ears and sometimes liquid stuff will leak from my ears. Hopefully the ENT can help me out.

So my major symptoms are pulsing ears, head pressure, tinnitus and feeling hot (flushing).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
    Mz Migraine
    Inactive
    (female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
    Quote:
    sometimes liquid stuff will leak from my ears.

That sounds really serious!

I really don't think you should be in a "Headache" Forum. You need to scan the Boards to find the proper forum to post in.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:57 AM   #3
    sleeptweedledee

sleeptweedledee HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by actudan
    Back in May I started having a pressure on the top back left of my head. Sometimes it felt like a burning sensation and never really like a headache. Sometimes the pressure would get pretty intense and I would have what a call jittery eye because I couldn't focus on anything and I would become dizzy at times too. I had an MRI and CT scan which were negative. My family doctor didn't seem to think it had anything to do with my sinuses and thought it was a nerve problem. He put me on Naproxen and I was also taking goody powders and ibuprofen but nothing helped. I also developed a stomach ulcer from taking the meds and drinking alcohol. I was just trying to get some relief from the pressure.

Well the pressure stayed with me for 24/7 for a little over a month and it suddenly went away. About a month ago, it started back but hasn't gotten as severe as it did the first time. Since both times has happened around season changes, I started thinking it may have something to do with allergies. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor because he really didn't help me the first time so now I plan to see my ENT. Even though the pressure isn't as bad, I now get pulsing in my ears every day and my tinnitus is happening more frequently. Sometimes the pulsing in my ears is stong and it feels like I have water pressure in my ears and sometimes liquid stuff will leak from my ears. Hopefully the ENT can help me out.

So my major symptoms are pulsing ears, head pressure, tinnitus and feeling hot (flushing).
    This is something to worry about but it sounds like me I would get to that ENT, because yes this sounds like sinuses the bad part is mine pulsating in my ears are a daily thing with stress headaches now and my only relief is a prescription drug that I take every morning. You can develop sinusitis over just a few months without infection and allergies can sure make sure head and body do some crazy stuff. The fluid you feel draining from your ears sounds exactly like mine. I also have sinusitis. Good Luck

Old 11-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #4
    actudan
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

actudan HB User
    Thanks for your replies. I saw the ENT this morning and he thinks it may be due to allergies. He called to have my MRI results from last June faxed over and the report showed nothing wrong. He did see some was buildup aon my eardrums and he flushed that out. He also did an ear test to check on my hearing and that turned out okay. He thinks it's an allergy problem due to my symptoms arisng when the season changes and because my mom, dad and brother all have allergy problems which that take daily meds for. He gave me a week's worth of allergy medication (flonase and zyrtec) and if I see some improvement, then my problems are probably allergy based. If not, he suggested that I may be having some sort of headache issue and that I may need to see a neurologist. He didn't know about the drainage since he didn't see any blockage. Plus when he flushed out my ears, I could feel the cool water going down the eustacean tubes.

I can deal with the pulsing ears as long as it's nothing serious. The head pressure is what is very annoying. Hopefully, the pressure will never get like it did back in May because the pressre back then pratically crippled me. I will try the allegy medication and if it doesn't help, I guess I will work on seeing a neurologist.

Old 11-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #5
    * Free ~ Spirit *
    Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User
    I have had similar experiences from allergies. I'm allergic to some weird things including gas heat. Car heat does this to me, in the winter I have to be in a cold car because if the heat gets turned on I get one of those types of headaches. Other causes are spray paints and changes in the whether.

The thing is mine were not 24/7. If its because of allergies you should notice that it goes away when you are in certain sterile environments away from the whether. So being in a big clean building with air conditioning or air cleaners etc. should make it go away. Either way, you do need to get back to a doc. I agree this could be serious. It may be allergies then again it may not be. Also, have you had your eyes checked recently? I know you said that these headaches come and go but having your eyes checked is always a good idea. Not just the chart they have at the reg doc where you read off letters either, you need a full evaluation at the eye doc where they examine how reactive your pupils are and all that kind of stuff. I hope you and your doc can figure this out soon and find a treatment that works.

Good Luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    --Andrew Jackson

Old 11-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
    * Free ~ Spirit *
    Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User
    Wow, you must have posted that right as I was typing my reply lol. Well obviously some of my last post can be disregaurded since you have already been back in to the doc. The rest still applies though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    --Andrew Jackson

Old 11-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
    actudan
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

actudan HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by * Free ~ Spirit *
    Wow, you must have posted that right as I was typing my reply lol. Well obviously some of my last post can be disregaurded since you have already been back in to the doc. The rest still applies though.

Thanks spirit for your comments. I am not taking my head symptoms lightly but I am also dealing with a digestive disorder which is taking priority. It's tough trying to deal with two problems at once and who know maybe all my problems are related but no connection has been made yet. Visit the digestive disorder board and you will see that's where most of my posts occur. I am doing all I can to figure out what is wrong. I have had A LOT of tests and have seen several doctors but I still haven't had a clear diagnosis on anything. I hope my head problem is head related and the medications work. If the meds don't work, i will continue seeing more doctors and have more tests performed. Hopefully, I don't have anything serious that is going undiagnosed but it is out of my hands. All I can do is what I have already been doing and hope for the best.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:06 AM   #8
    1of millions

1of millions HB User
    Dont forgeto look at food intollerence. These can come on at any age and the symptoms can be exactly the same as many common complaints. After 26 years my body has developed these intollerences to a coupkle of foods. You can become vunerable at times of stress and your body remembers the foods.
    It worth doing some research,blood tests etc.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:33 AM   #9
    susieq03

susieq03 HB User
    reply to the question about head pressure

Quote:
    Originally Posted by actudan

I read your post and just wondered if you have been seen by a nuerologist. I had the same symtoms as you, and after getting a spinal tap, I was diagnosed with pseudo-tumor. It is a relatively rare disease, that you have too much cerebral fluid around your brain, causing pain and pressure. One of the main symptoms, are tintinitus, bad headaches,memory problems, etc. I sure would have this checked out, as pseudotumor can lead to blindness. Take care and Good luck,SusieQ

Old 01-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #10
    shadowfax

shadowfax HB User
    Re: Does anyone have a combination of these symptoms?

i've been scouring these boards for similar symptoms as mine. i get this weird pressure at the base of my head that makes me feel like i'm descending in an airplane. it's not vertigo or dizziness, just a distressing (and aggitating) pressure. i've had a LOT of digestive issues in the recent past, along with anxiety and sleeplessness. a frustrating part of this is the foggy-headedness that doesn't clear up for days. a few weeks ago, my right ear was slightly muted/clogged and i do think it is sinusitis. it's just been a pain in the *** because i can't find the trigger or a sure-fire way to solve the odd sensations. i also have some vision problems and recently noticed one pupil is larger than the other. yikes.

i agree, it could be allergy-related (which may explain the digestive problems as well). everything is tied into each other.

good luck!

Closed Thread