It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Anyone had these headache symptoms. . .

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User
    Anyone had these headache symptoms. . .

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have these symptoms with your headaches:

Pain in neck on one side shoots up into head and over into forehead and cheekbones and also down into should blade. The top part of my arm on that side feels tired and achy too. Have a hard time thinking straight and concentrating (fogheaded). Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night with them and other times they come on around lunchtime. A little lightheadedness and mild stomach upset too, but not always.

Are these signs of tension, migraine or sinus headaches? I have been having them for about a year and a half now and have had CT scans of my head, c-spine and carotid arteries. Everything was normal.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
    becky1954

becky1954 HB User
    Re: Anyone had these headache symptoms. . .

i have something similar.pain from my neck(not just on one side)shoots up into the back of my head and top of my head and forehead and cheekbones.i have had one dr tell me the stiff neck was causing pain to shoot into nerves in the back of my head and rx'ed valium-i don't know what for.i went to a new dr and she did an xray of my sinuses and thinks it may be a sinus infection and rx'ed an antibiotic.so i don't know which it is but i have now had this headache for 8 days straight.i cannot get rid of it.

Old 01-14-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

Have you started your antibiotic? I went to the Dr. on Friday because I had had a bad cold over Christmas and the cough was getting to the point where I could hardly sleep. He felt my neck glands and was surprised at how huge they were. He said I probably had a sinus infection due to my cold. I started amoxicillin that day and my glands are much smaller already. However I still am getting the headaches. I figure they are tension mostly and went to the chiro yesterday. He said my back was way out of whack and adjusted about 8 different places. My right leg is longer than my left one which also means my hips are out of alignment. I don't have a neck headache right now, but was a little sore and took advil and sudafed after my chiro appt. last night. Hopefully it will help. Have you tried chiropractic care? Just woondering if it helps you.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #4
    weasel
    Veteran
    (female)

weasel HB User

ive had migraines similar to that. it would start in my back then shoot up my spine, take over my head, and then my arm would get tingly and go numb...

Old 01-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
    tumbleweedz

tumbleweedz HB User

I am having weird issues as well..and have been trying to find out what the deal is since early December..[though its been going on MUCH longer]..right now have the worst pressure in my head..and dizzy..its awful..

Old 01-22-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I have finished my anitbiotics now and that left me with stomachaches and nausea. My headaches seem to be gone for now, but I am still dizzy also. I also have lots of drainage so I'm wondering if the infection is draining causing pressure changes in my head causing dizziness and nausea. Too far fetched? Who knows. I have had these headaches off and on ever since a bad cold I had way back in September 2002.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:20 PM   #7
    dagmarharris

dagmarharris HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvmyboys
    ...I don't have a neck headache right now, but was a little sore and took advil and sudafed after my chiro appt. last night. Hopefully it will help. Have you tried chiropractic care? Just woondering if it helps you.
    Hi I also have a neck headache and use chiropractic to help. I am about to take a advil as I had an adjustment around 4:45 and still am feeling some residue headache. Why do we need to take an advil, does that mean we didn't really get a good adjustment? I am thinking of going back tomorrow...for a second adjustment. How often to you go to chiro? do you ever go the next day in a row when the headache is a more stubborn one?
    Hope to hear back from you.
    I do depend on Chiropractic and go thru cycles when I need to be adjusted more....
    How about you?
    ~dagmar

Last edited by dagmarharris; 01-23-2004 at 07:20 PM.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:33 AM   #8
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I used to go to the chiro two times a week. I started to to feel like it wasn't helping as I was still getting the headaches and would often get one after an adjustment. I would also get a stomachache like he adjusted whatever affected my digestive tract because it would get wild for a few days. But this was after I switched to a different chiro. I used to go to a chiro who only does manual adjustments and didn't usually have a problem afterwards. Then I started to go to one here in my home town and he used a clicker instrument of some sort. I don't really notice much relief from that. He would position it right at the base of my skull and I think that's what would cause the problems. I don't know why he uses the instrument on me though other than that maybe because I am very thin due to my stomach and colon problems. I prefer the manual adjustments and am thinking about going back to my other chiro. Yes there are times where I feel that kink inbetween my shoulder blades and know I need an adjustment and a headache is usually on its way. Since I am so thin, I think my back can't take as much of the lifting of laundry, kids etc. that I have to do everyday. I rearrange whole rooms of furniture by myself so I guess I'm asking for it there. In fact, last night I was goofing around with my 8 year old and I picked him up and plopped him on the couch and my back cracked about 4 times. So, now I don't know if it's back out or back in alignment. Next time I go to the chiro I am going to ask if it is common to develop a headache, stomachache or dizziness. I've also had a lot of that since my last adjustment. Some nausea too. But with the sinus infection I am trying to get over who knows!

Closed Thread