It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• anyone else get this type of headache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
    Mandy904

Mandy904 HB User
    anyone else get this type of headache?

Hello Everyone,

I usually post on the panic disorder forum because i suffer anxiety/panic disorder. anywho on december 27th i had woke up with the worst headache i'd ever had, i was terrifed, so i called my pcp line and waited for them to call me back, when they called back i described my headache and the dr said go ahead to the er so i did. When they finally put me in a room they came in with a shot in hand before i even seen a dr, said that the dr wouldn't be able to see me for a while so they gave me an iv and morphine with an anti neausea medication. The headache disappeared within 10 mins of getting that shot. Finally a dr came in and explained that if it was anything more serious the meds wouldn't have touched that pain, but to be cautious they did a ct scan which was normal. They then explained that just for extra caution i could have a spinal tap just incase the ct scan missed something, so they did the spinal tap and that too was normal. I was fine for a few days, no headache they gave me vicodian incase i got another bad headache. Well now i get these headache's everyday when i wake up, its in the back of my head towards my neck, its like apounding tension type headache, which usually will disappear once i am up and about. But then later in the day it will come back and spread up to the top of my head and sometimes get a burning sensation. I get so affraid of these headache's that i often cause myself to panic. The dr had me on lexapro for my panic/anxiety, i was taking them but was getting awful pounding headache's so i quit taking that till i go back and see him again, i know it was the lexapro because when i quit taking it the headache seemed less intense. My question is does anyone else get these types of daily headaches?

thank you
    Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
    sleeptweedledee

sleeptweedledee HB User
    Re: anyone else get this type of headache?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy79
    Hello Everyone,

I usually post on the panic disorder forum because i suffer anxiety/panic disorder. anywho on december 27th i had woke up with the worst headache i'd ever had, i was terrifed, so i called my pcp line and waited for them to call me back, when they called back i described my headache and the dr said go ahead to the er so i did. When they finally put me in a room they came in with a shot in hand before i even seen a dr, said that the dr wouldn't be able to see me for a while so they gave me an iv and morphine with an anti neausea medication. The headache disappeared within 10 mins of getting that shot. Finally a dr came in and explained that if it was anything more serious the meds wouldn't have touched that pain, but to be cautious they did a ct scan which was normal. They then explained that just for extra caution i could have a spinal tap just incase the ct scan missed something, so they did the spinal tap and that too was normal. I was fine for a few days, no headache they gave me vicodian incase i got another bad headache. Well now i get these headache's everyday when i wake up, its in the back of my head towards my neck, its like apounding tension type headache, which usually will disappear once i am up and about. But then later in the day it will come back and spread up to the top of my head and sometimes get a burning sensation. I get so affraid of these headache's that i often cause myself to panic. The dr had me on lexapro for my panic/anxiety, i was taking them but was getting awful pounding headache's so i quit taking that till i go back and see him again, i know it was the lexapro because when i quit taking it the headache seemed less intense. My question is does anyone else get these types of daily headaches?

thank you
    Mandy
    Hi Mandy79.
    I have these same headaches and have been to the ER also holloring across the ER with pain and I recieved a Demerol shot and Phenergan for nausea. The gave me so much that I passed out and kept lifting up screaming with pain then passing right out again. Well the Doctor had to laugh about that one, however I didnt think it was funny, but I have them daily . Some days they never go away and they start out as tension then radiate up into my haed or deep in my head. Any way my scan showed up fine too. I have been on Butabital and it worked for about a year and now I am moving up to Amitryptaline and we will see how that goes but keep in touch with your doctor, stress to them you cant live with these headaches and I am with you when you say these headaches cause panic attacks because when I went in that ER I thought I was dying. Good Luck your not alone.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:37 AM   #3
    Mandy904

Mandy904 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sleeptweedledee
    Hi Mandy79.
    I have these same headaches and have been to the ER also holloring across the ER with pain and I recieved a Demerol shot and Phenergan for nausea. The gave me so much that I passed out and kept lifting up screaming with pain then passing right out again. Well the Doctor had to laugh about that one, however I didnt think it was funny, but I have them daily . Some days they never go away and they start out as tension then radiate up into my haed or deep in my head. Any way my scan showed up fine too. I have been on Butabital and it worked for about a year and now I am moving up to Amitryptaline and we will see how that goes but keep in touch with your doctor, stress to them you cant live with these headaches and I am with you when you say these headaches cause panic attacks because when I went in that ER I thought I was dying. Good Luck your not alone.
    Hi thank you so much for the reply. Yes i am going back to the dr on the 3rd so i am going to see what he thinks. Someone also said that because i've been focusing on this, it could also be causing some of the pain. so we'll see what he says. thanks for the reply and i hope your new meds help...

Mandy

Old 12-10-2005, 04:57 AM   #4
    gemma_vdw
    (female)

gemma_vdw HB User
    Talking Re: anyone else get this type of headache?

hey, i suffer with chronic daily headaches. The pounding tension headaches can be triggered by depression, anxiety or the like. I am currently on a low dosage of amitryptaline, which i use as a pain killer. I came off anti depressants about a year ago and then my headaches started. the amitryptaline will not eliminate the whole headache but i have been advised that relaxation techniques such as yoga acupuncture and regular massage will help ease tension, this will possibly also help ease any anxiety and panic that you have. its worth a try as coping without medication will always be better for you! It will be hard at the beginning but medication can often increase headaches. The main key is to feel good in yourself as that will then make any panic headaches or depression better. Hope this was useful.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Hi gemma,

I've seen a couple of your posts today and just wanted to make you aware that you are probably on page 2 or 3 of what you are reading. The last person to respond to this thread before you did it almost 2 years ago.

No prblm if you know that and want to post anyway, I just don't want you to wait to hear a response from the people that were on these threads before you.

**It happens all the time!!

Cheers//Chaz

Closed Thread