It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Cluster headache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
    Mandy904

Mandy904 HB User
    Question Cluster headache?

Hey Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out there could help me here. I have a headache that is basicly seems like its behind my eyes and in my forehead. Its throbbing but not very severe? would this be cluster?

Thanks

Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 01:19 PM   #2
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    Re: Cluster headache?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy79
    Hey Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out there could help me here. I have a headache that is basicly seems like its behind my eyes and in my forehead. Its throbbing but not very severe? would this be cluster?

Thanks

Mandy
    Well I have cluster headaches and belong to an online support group of sufferers and have personally met over 100 different people that suffer from cluster headaches from this support group. From what I know the pain is the worst pain imaginable. Worse than child birth, worse than amputation, it just is a living hell for pain. It isn't a throbbing pain it is a sharp stabbing, boring, burning pain that is behind the eye and in the cheak/ear area also. They occur most often at night while you sleep. And they occur at the same time every day. You can set a clock by them. I would recomend that you see a neurologist that specializes in headaches and get a proper diagnosis. Another thing migraine headaches are known to throb. Sinus headaches and migraines can get behind the eyes also. With a cluster headache you can't sit still and are apt to bang your head into things and pace the floor. This may sound strange but I swear it is true and common thing. Migraines you want to lay down and seek a dark room. With clusters they run in cycles meaning you will get like 4-8 headaches a day every day for several months (4-6) and then go into a headache free time period only the same season next year you will go into cycle again and start having headaches. Unless you are chronic like me then you get several headaches a day every day all year round and never get a break. Hope this helps some.

Last edited by Karla; 01-22-2004 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread