It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Daily tension headaches, migraine w/o the pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
    fyrecatt2001

fyrecatt2001 HB User
    Question Daily tension headaches, migraine w/o the pain

I had a couple of questions:

First of all, I've had daily tension headaches for 10 yrs. I have tried every OTC pain reliever and several prescription. None do more than dull the pain for a couple of hours. Over the last couple of years I realized that I have symptoms of anxiety that I hadn't noticed until I was in a VERY stressful (and longterm) situation. Although the anxiety doesn't interfere with my everyday life too much, I believe it is the cause of the tension that causes my daily headaches. Since treating the symptom doesn't seem to work, I decided to treat the source. I talked to my MD about an anti-anxiety medication and he put me on Effexor XR which I started on Saturday. Has anyone else tried anti-anxiety/anti-depressant medication to prevent tension headaches? If so, what were the results?

Second, I've had migraines as long as I've had tension headaches. I usually get one or two every couple of months and they are very rarely severe. I can tell that I am getting a migraine because I will get dizzy and nauseous and my congitive function decreases (inability to focus and concentrate, can't retain information, stumble over words when speaking). Sometimes I will get these symptoms, but the pain never comes - just a feeling of "fullness" or "pressure" in my head. It's like I can tell something isn't right in my brain, but there is no real pain. Has anybody else experienced migraines like these?

Thanks for your responses!

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread