It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant tension headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2004, 06:53 AM   #1
    Jbanksies

Jbanksies HB User
    Constant tension headaches

Since the middle of March I have been experiencing constant tension headaches between my eyebrows and sometimes only around my right eye. I also wake up every morning with a stiff neck and sore right shoulder. During the day, I find that I have pain down my right arm. I am also feeling very weak and fatigued. I saw a neurologist regarding my headaches and other symptoms and he shrugged it off as muscle tension. I had an MRI of my brain and my neck, which both came back normal. However, there was a minor disc bulge of one of my discs and mild degenerative disc disease in my neck. The doctor did not think that this was very serious, so now the earliest follow-up appt I could get is in three weeks. As of lately, I haven't been able to work due to the bad headaches and constant tiredness. I have also been noticing that I am feeling tingling sensations down both my arms (extending to my fingers) and my legs (also extending to my feet). I am wondering if anyone has experienced these same symptoms??? I find it hard to believe that I am experiencing such severe headaches due to "muscle tension" (especially since I am stretching a lot, exercising, and being very conscious of my posture). Just wondering if anyone has any input or suggestions.

Thanks!!
    -Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
    beach_tiglet

beach_tiglet HB User
    Re: Constant tension headaches

Jen,

I have migraines, muscle tension headaches, degenerative disc disease and TMJ. For the longest time I just took medicine for everything and dealt with it. Recently, the TMJ got worse and I went to a neuromuscular dentist to help with it. With an orthotic or splint to control clenching of teeth, I am amazed at how few headaches I now have. We still have a ways to go with the treatment and he expects that it will help with the arm tingling and neck problems. I have been very pleased with how the neurologist and dentist complement each other and have been able to help me. It is worth a shot in my opinion. Dana

Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
    asfirefly

asfirefly HB User
    Re: Constant tension headaches

jen, have you considered that you could possibly have fibromyalgia? i have it and have severe tension headaches accompanied by exhaustion and other symptoms. hope you don't have it but you may want to do a little research to see what you think.

good luck,
    amy

p.s excedrin helps with the headaches.

Closed Thread