It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• My headache is back! please help me i need advice!:(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2004, 06:00 PM   #1
    biggus

biggus HB User
    My headache is back! please help me i need advice!:(

Hi I have a problem.
    I got at really bad annoying headache almost a year ago, it was like a pressure in my head in my forehead and behind my eyes sometimes in my face, it worsend when i leaned forward.

They thought sinusitis, 10 days of antibiotics, didnt help.
    However after this crippling headache, it went away after a little over a month.

I havent had it before that or after that, until now.
    It hit me again out of the blue, a little over 4 weeks ago. Its the EXACT same kind of headache that no headache pills help at all.
    I have been to doctors, they did xrays and ruled out sinus infection.
    Been on antibiotics for 10 days but that did nothing.

I am a pro athlete so it is very crippling.
    I tried practicing yesterday but after an hour i got "ear popping" so i stopped and the headache was SO BAD that night.
    The next morning it was back to "normal"

I dont really know what to do i dont think its anything serious since last time it went away.
    All my blood levels are normal.
    My doctor say i have nothing to worry about even though its annoying.

During these pastweeks when i have had the headache i have felt crappy though. like i have a sore throat and stuff, like i am getting a cold...i have felt like that since i got this and still now so i figure its probaly just an annoying stubborn virus or something like that.
    I am however going for a CT on friday but the doc said he can assure me its nothing.

The annoying thing i got though is the ear popping its like a "clicking" noise i get when i move my jaw, its just on one ear.
    I got that last time as well!

Its nice to know that it was stubborn last time too and the doctor did tell me i will probably have to wait this one out too, and it might take a few weeks..

Sorry i just want some feedback onthis please help me out.
    I can also add I have been EXTREMELY stressed for the past 2 years, but the doc said it doesnt sound like a tension headache.
    It moves first i had pain under my eyes now its just on the temples and behind the eyes, sometimnes on one side sometimes the other.
    I also find it hard to sit at a computer or that kind of stuff.

I HAVE to keep practicing though thats the hard part..
    Oh well please drop a few
    Cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User
    Re: My headache is back! please help me i need advice!:(

I would start with a good Neurologist!
    Here are some tips that help me which I have posted before that really help.
    Bengay, Tiger Balm, Icy Hot type product rub it (carefully) on forehead and temples and neck. Watch out for your eyes and wash your hands good!!!
    Ice packs on forehead and neck or side of the head work great too.
    Stand in shower alternating Hot/Cold water.
    Those fever patches they sell for kids are great. Keep a box in your Fridge and put on forehead. They are pretty much the same as the Migraine Ice patch. Icy Hot and Bengay also make great ones.
    Ask your Dr. about a Beta Blocker/Calcium channel blocker as a preventative.
    One Migraine Med that works for me is Amerge. I have tried every Med. known to man.
    If possible get a good massage!!!!!
    Hope this helps. For me it was a matter of finding the right Neurologist rather than a Regualr Dr.
    Good Luck

Old 07-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
    biggus

biggus HB User

Thank you
    I gave blood tests 4 days in a row to make sure, the first day i had sligthly elevated calcium levels but the following days it was normal so they said its nothing to worry about.

Its just confusing and annoying how painful it is...i dont get sharp pains that throw me to the floor just a dull ache thats mild to severe..a pressure thing its annoying more then painful when you cant sit at a compuer or practice.

However last time it took a good month for it to go away and i am just sligthly over that now so i am sure it will ease up. My doc even told me the first time right off the bat, this will probably take a few weeks to clear up.

Im just trying to wait it out.
    When i lean forward it hurts my head like pressure in my sinus area and i get a slight clicking noise in my ear when i open my jaw fully, no pain though and its just on one ear and its really not bothering me

Thanks again

BTW didnt know ben gay and tiger balm worked? I have tons of tiger balm i use it before practice on a strained muscvle in my back have done so for years so i might try on me head

Old 07-20-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Glad to help. Just be careful with your eyes! I tried Capsagestic-HP which worked but got it in my eye and it was terrible, much worse than Bengay!
    I Love Tiger Balm but have to apply it often.
    I was a slave to migraines most of my life and learned every tip I could just to get by!
    Did you see a Neurologist? I went to a least a dozen different Dr, and until I found him they were all clueless too. I did lots of blood test too and mine always showed "imflamation" from where it came from is still not known.
    Do let me know how this works for you Tiger Balm is also great for the sinus problem as well.
    Keep me posted

Old 07-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
    biggus

biggus HB User

Thank you again!
    No I have not seen a Neurologists yet i have only had it for a few weeks and the doctors think it probably just is nothing serious since last time it went away too.
    They said it might be an irritation on the membranes on the brain and that it should clear up in a few weeks.
    If it doesnt however, i will see one.
    I am sure it will though last time i was so scared and then it went away just like that

Closed Thread