It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Nonstop persevering headache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
    Nonstop persevering headache

Since Sunday afternoon I've been experiencing bad headaches. These came out of the bright blue sky - absolutely no indication whatsoever. The first one I got was bearable, but the one I got later that evening almost brought me to tears. And today (Monday), I've had headaches all day.

I had to go to the school nurse for ibuprofen twice within about three hours because the headache came back about an hour after I took the first dose and I endured it as long as possible before seeking more potential relief.

Then when I got home 3 hours later, I took 3 Motrin IB gelcaps, and then 2 more about 4 hours later. Even through 9 ibuprofen tablets within 12 hours, my headache still lingers, even right now.

As for the headache itself, it's right in the center of my forehead, and it feels like someone rammed me in teh head with a cue stick.

It was so bad this morning that I was feeling pangs of dizziness, sore eyes, and I briefly went into a cold sweat.

This is along with other random symptoms (abdominal pressure, excess gas, loss of appetite, nausea at night only). I spoke to a nurse practitioner and she suggested the headache could be part of a viral sequence, but I've never had a constant headache like this.

It's not severe enough to interfere with sleep, but it's enough to disrupt my concentration in school.

Anyone know how I could cure this? Or if I should be worried?

Dark Stranger - with a pulsing forehead

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
    hannasnana
    Veteran
    (female)

hannasnana HB User
    Re: Nonstop persevering headache

Hi Dark Stranger,
    Your headache sounds like a migraine. Without the right medication a migraine can go on for days. Are you under alot of stress right now? Have you had any recent injurys in your back or neck area?

My daughter is undergoing alot of tests right now with a neurologist for her constant migraine headaches. No answers yet. She hasn't been able to domuch of anything because she is so sick from the headaches.

Hope yours is only a one time thing...

Old 09-24-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I've read about migraines, and I thought they're normally located on either the left or right sides of the head, not right in the center. But if what I have is a migraine, will it go away on its own?

Upon asking some other people about this, I've gotten numerous diagnoses, ranging from ear infections to slipped discs to hormone imbalances. A headache is just so nonspecific that it can relate to anything.

I read in a home remedies book that I would probably need to worry if these headaches were accompanied by blurred vision or temporary paralysis of any body part. Thankfully I haven't gotten those yet *knock on wood*. So I don't think I need to consider this an emergency, but I have stopped taking ibuprofen, because I just found out a couple of days ago that it can actually contribute to the pangs of a headache, and can also sometimes cause internal bleeding o.o

But thank you, hannasnana, for replying. I appreciate your help very much. If my condition lingers for more than a month, or if it worsens, I may need to do something about it (I'm one of those people who likes to wait and see if it goes away before rushing to the hospital).

Dark Stranger - *pain*

Old 09-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
    hannasnana
    Veteran
    (female)

hannasnana HB User

Hi Dark Stranger,
    You have alot of wisdom! Listen to your own intuition.
    I know my daughter takes alot of ibuphren in hoping it will take the edge off
    her headache. She doesn't like the stronger meds because they make her feel
    lousy. There are many reasons for headaches, it is a process of elimination for each person.

Good luck!
    Hannahas nana

Old 09-25-2004, 01:13 PM   #5
    missmitay

missmitay HB User

Quick question. Do you, on a regular basis, drink coffee? If you normally do, did you stop for some reason? I went through, kind of the same thing. the doctor gave me some medication that had caffine in it. There is a new medicine, i think made by Excedrin or someone, made just specifically for migrains. I actually tried one today, and my headache went away in an hour. Normally, I have to wait until I fall asleep at bedtime for the headache to go away.

Just thought I'd try to help.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #6
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by missmitay
    Do you, on a regular basis, drink coffee? If you normally do, did you stop for some reason?
    Nope; I hate coffee. But if this has something to do with caffiene (which I've heard can sometimes contribute to headaches), I have been drinking a lot of diet soda. But I stopped doing so about 2 days ago.

And if anyone's wondering, I do still have my headache, after almost a week. I've also laid off ibuprofen because it wasn't helping me.

Dark Stranger

Closed Thread