It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Strange Head Pressure/Brain Fog

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
    mannixguy
    (male)

mannixguy HB User
    Post Strange Head Pressure/Brain Fog

I'm hoping someone can give me there take on this.... I've always had some mild stomach problems like acid reflux. On top of this I started getting other troubling symptoms, strange head pressure with no real pain, eyes hurting,pain in temples/back of the neck,ear pain . The most troubling of these symptoms is a strange "brain fog" that will absolutely not lift. It feels like I've had a few drinks or something to the effect that I'm not fully "here" like maybe 85% in tune with reality. I've seriously felt this way for about 2 and a half months and it scares me to death that I'm "losing it" or have a brain tumor or something.
    I went to the emergency room 4 weeks ago and all the basic tests were done (Blood,Stomach Ultrasound,Chest X Ray,EKG,and Ct scan of the head neck) all negative. They Said I might have had a virus and sent me on my way. Went to the doc last week and he prescribed Prozac 10 Mg. I'm under alot of stress because of family illnesses so doc seems to think it's just Anxiety/Depression. Any thoughts on what to do next? I want an MRI done but I'm not working or don't have insurance. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #2
    foshizzle

foshizzle HB User
    Re: Strange Head Pressure/Brain Fog

i have the same exact same symptoms as you....you probably suffer from something called depersonalization disorder. look it up online. itll definitely shed some light on your situation.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #3
    mannixguy
    (male)

mannixguy HB User
    Re: Strange Head Pressure/Brain Fog

Thank you for the info, someone else suggested the same thing. In a way I actually feel relieved finding out that depersonalization is often anxiety related. I just try to keep my mind off things that trouble me and it all seems mostly managable. Thanks for the Info.

Closed Thread