It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• pressure headaches behind one eye

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
    rachaelizabeth
    (female)

rachaelizabeth HB User
    pressure headaches behind one eye

Hmm where to start. I have sever headaches that NEVER go away. They are usually always centered around my right eye and when I look left or right the pressure intensifies. I have had an MRI and CT scan of my sinuses. The only thing that showed up was a small mucas retention cyst in my upper maxillary sinus cavity, which according to all the Dr.'s I've seen, and I've seen many, is not an abnormal finding. My Ent said I have a "nasal problem" and recommened a somnoplasy for swelling in my nose followed by surgery to correct my septum which is slightly off. I seen an allergyst who said I am slightly allergic to pollen, but nothing that would cause this intense feeling that never ever goes away. I have been put on migrain medication, but it does not help and as far as I know migraines typically go away and they are not present all of the time. I also have upper back pain. My question is.... Do you think these headaches are sinus related? Possibly related to my back/neck being misaligned? My glands are often swollen, but my mucas is always clear. I'm just so confused and I don't want to have surgery just to put some extra bucks in the Ent's pocket.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
    Robert Zaballa
    (male)

Robert Zaballa HB User
    Re: pressure headaches behind one eye

I get intense headaches behind the right eye and they are a sharp shooting pain, each of which lasts about 45 minutes. They seem to go away and then come back, within about 20 minutes of the previous headache. I sometimes have nausea with them, and have been hospitalized. My neurologist has diagnosed me with paroxysmal hemicrania which is a rarer, and less understood, form of headache. These particular headaches are always behind the same eye. There are some indications that the neck may be related to this form of headache although I do not have any neck problems myself. I recently started taking a medicine called Indomethacin, and it works pretty well.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
    Jbanksies

Jbanksies HB User

Hi- please read David Buccholz Heal Your Headache and look into cutting out certain foods from your diet. I too had severe chronic headaches at one point (for nine months). I had that "sinus" pressure headache, pain in the back of my head, shoulder/neck pain, nose pain/burning, ect....I cut out many foods that I ate on a daily basis from my diet and I am 100% better. I only get a headache when I have pizza or too much chocolate now...Please look into your diet, you will be very surprised!!!
    -Jen

Old 10-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
    Jackkey97
    (female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Rachel- I had the same thing happen to me about a little over a month ago. Same thing came up on my MRI...cyst, and not to worry about it. After talking with some of my friends they suggested to me to go see a chiropractor. So I did and I am so glad that I did. Some how I was not lined up right which caused the headaches and the pressure behind my eyes. As soon as I was adjusted all the pain went away. This could be something to try?? Good luck!
    Jackie

Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
    bubbers1
    (female)

bubbers1 HB User

I get these headachs as well, usually behind my right eye. The only thing that works is Zomig or Imitrex. I've had them for years.I hate them.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #6
    lucky427
    (male)

lucky427 HB User

Eye pain can be caused by trigger points. These are small bands of contracted muscle that can cause referred pain to different areas in the body. Eye pain can be caused by trigger points in 8 different muscles:
    1) sternocleidomastoid
    2) temporalis
    3) splenius cervicis
    4) masseter
    5) suboccipitals
    6) occipitalis
    7) orbicularis oculi
    8) trapezious

I strongly recommend (from my own personal experience) that those of you with eye pain (who have already checked averything else out with doctors!) research trigger points. They are easy to get rid of you just have to know how to massge the appropriate muscles - the relief should be immediate (if trigger points are your problem). I recommend the Clair Davies book but do you own searches.

Please feel free to ask me questions.

Closed Thread