It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Headache for days

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
    Kaye2003
    (female)

Kaye2003 HB User
    Headache for days

My dad is 70 years old and started having a continuous headache about 5/6 weeks ago. No OTC meds would make it go away. He went to the doctor and his blood pressure was sky high. Dr said this was causing the headache. Put him on BP meds, didn't help headache or BP. Changed meds, blood pressure went back to normal but the headache still there.
    During this time his headache will last for hours to days at a time. Seems to get them more when he is out in the sun or home. If we go out for the day shopping with my mom, he can go 1/2 to a full day with no headache. The doctor has tried a few migrane and other headache meds, none get rid of it when he has one.
    He has an eye doctor appointment of the 9th of next month. Feels some pressure behind his eyes after being in the sun or reading. Also his neck makes a trackling sound sometimes if he turns to fast. No dizziness, vomiting, or off balance. The headaches are over his eyes mostly, but today he had one at the base of his skull.
    He had an MRI last Wednesday and we should get the results next week. I pray they find nothing.
    Any ideas or experiences I can pass along to him to ease his mind until next week.
    Thanks,
    Kaye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
    mjewell
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
    Re: Headache for days

Hi Kaye:

Actual tumors or anything are VERY rare from headaches as a symptom, particularly if he hasn't had any dizziness or off balance feelings, seems like that is when you should really be concerned. Maybe he has some vertebra out of place? My choropractor says that is often a cause of headaches particularly around the neck area like the one at the base. If its behind his eyes its quite possible it is just a vision thing. Hope this helps, I know headaches can be scary, but just remember it is so very rare that they are ever as serious as having a tumor. I have been having headaches/migraines for 14 years and am still looking for the best meedication! Best wishes.

Closed Thread