It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• pain in back of head radiating to right side over ear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #1
    ebullin
    (female)

ebullin HB User
    pain in back of head radiating to right side over ear

I hope someone can offer me some advice. I have had headaches before, but lately, they are more frequent. The last few days my head has hurt constantly. There is a place at the base of my skull, when pressed on, it causes pain to radiate around the right side of my head up over my ear. This pain lasts tooooo long! It also feels like like something is in my head that shouldn't be; think of having a small marshmellow in your nose. I am taking 2 naproxen sodium every 12 hours with no relief. I thought it might be inflammation that would go away with this medicine. Several years ago, I was diagnosed as having an inflammation in my scalp, and these meds were prescribed with good results. I am 41 years old, female, and my health is generally good. Any suggestions? This is getting on my nerves!!!!!!! I don't want to think the worst, but I wonder if there could be a tumor causing this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #2
    shnswms
    Inactive
    (male)

shnswms HB User
    Re: pain in back of head radiating to right side over ear

I'm in the same boat as you as are alot of people on this board. Myself I have had dull constant pain in the back of head, side of head, and all over the head for at least a month. Excedrin Migraine takes the edge off but thats about it. My scalp gets very tender and sore. I too had never had headaches like these which scares me. Migraines do run in my family heavily though. And believe me any person with anxiety over their health will automatically think they have a brain tumor, including me. The chances of actually having one from something like that is like .001% chance. I have to keep telling myself that. I have mentioned this to my doctor and he took an x-ray of my sinuses which showed a terrible case of sinusitis. I was prescribed antibiotics which I stopped after 10 day prescription and did not get the refill (stupid of me). I did feel some relief for a few days but soon as I stopped the prescription the headaches returned a few days later. I am in the process of returning to the doctor to determine the cause. I think I will demand a CT scan of my head and sinuses to at least put my mind at peace. I told my family and friends if nothing was wrong this time I would see a psychologist about my anxiety over health Good luck to you a CT scan or MRI will clear up any tumor anxieties you have.

Old 04-30-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
    Steven_c
    (male)

Steven_c HB User

Hi, I have just gotton rid of my constant headache which I have had for 3 weeks now which was in the right side of head which felt as though something was in there - sometimes pain felt worse and other time just felt pressure but very irritating. The medication I was taking was Bedranol (propranolol hydrochloride SR capsules 80mg) by a company called Sandoz whic I had proscribed from the doctor. I have been taking these daily for about 2 weeks now and headache only yesterday/day before faded away (which i'm hoping does not return). I cant be certain if its the tablets or just the fact that the headache just left but I think maybe you (or anyone else in a similar situation) should ask you doctor about them (or maybe even look at there website). I hope this can help some people. Steven

Last edited by Steven_c; 04-30-2005 at 01:47 AM.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #4
    sobs
    (female)

sobs HB User

hey all..................when I had scalp pain and tenderness, my doctor told me to take a B Complex vitamin. I did. It helped. FYI

Old 07-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

SHNSWM,

I think there are more people that have health anxieties than you think. It's pretty common especially the older you get. I have it as well and sometimes it debilitates me as far as my mood. Try to relax, pray that God will take away all anxieties and fears. God is not of worry but Satan is! I have to keep telling myself that too!! Good luck and let us know about your results!!

Closed Thread