It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• head buzzing, zapping, dull pain. migraine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
    stcarlsen
    (male)

stcarlsen HB User
    head buzzing, zapping, dull pain. migraine?

i have been dealing with daily dizziness for a year and have been suspected of migraine causing it. im always dizzy but the headaches are less frequent. but they are kind of of feeling of pressure, tightness in my head and i get these "zaps" that kind of feel like electricity through my brain that kind of make me feel faint. is this a migraine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
    hdnighttrain

hdnighttrain HB User
    Re: head buzzing, zapping, dull pain. migraine?

HI, I too have been dizzy daily for over a year and have been diagnosed with MAV, migrainous assoc. vertigo. IT can be the only symptom one experiences, with or without the headache. I would say that you too are probably experiencing some variant of this. I have a constant pressure headache and alot of eye issues as well, like the flashing, blurry, etc that one would get with a migraine but never the actual migraine or only occasionally. It is a horrible way to live as I never feel good, never ever. I always feel off balanced or weird in the head/eyes and its really getting me upset. I have tried so many meds your head would spin (even more than it already does!!), none help, my dr says it is a migrain sitting on the vestib. area of the brain causing it. Why? thats the 64,000 dollar question. I have had neck issues and this could be a reason or hormones, stess or I'm just a lucky one who got it out of nowhere, whatever the reason, I am soooooo over it it isnt even funny. I also go the vestibular rehab to try to get my brain to compensate for all of this. It really isnt working too great but I havent been at it all that long and sometimes it takes a while, so in a nutshell, yes I do think you could be experiencing a migraine. Hope this has helped you some.
    Best regards,
    Kim

Closed Thread