It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• What kind of headache is this? NEED HELP PLEASE!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
    DarkChange
    (male)

DarkChange HB User
    Red face What kind of headache is this? NEED HELP PLEASE!

hey guys im 17 and I dont know what kind of headache this is, it doesnt fit in any descriptions of any headaches and I asked my neurologist what it is and she doesnt know but all she wants to do is get an MRI which I cant get right now. Ill describe what I felt when it happened and hopefully someone here can tell me.

It happened about two weeks ago where this started, I woke up in the morning and looked at the ceiling thinking about what I dreamed about then suddenly I would get this very intense pain on my upper right side of my head, all the way up but on the side, above my ear and only on that little spot, the pain lasted for 2 seconds or less and it went away but it almost made me jump cause it was so sudden. The pain reoccured later on like 5 minutes later and then it went away and came back and then went away and came back, every ten seconds or so and it was gone again. as you can see the pain is SO unpredictable, my neuro said its not a migraine. Back to the pain, it was not really sharp...but wasnt dulll either dont know how to describe it but It felt like something REALLY hot just struck me right through the skull. My headaches never feel real, they are just this intense pain like migraines but THIS...this felt so real and like my skull was damaged or something, and the pain felt burning hot for a sec. I had no other symptoms besides the pain in the head. I seriously dont want this to be some aneurysm or a stroke, Im WAY to young to even have that but what the hell...everyone says anyone can have a stroke so what can I do about that...? no im not overweight but I underweight with no diseases or syndromes and stuff, Im just overall a lazy person and never ever execise...

Please help me at least pointing to some things or giving any clues on what this could be, anyone ever experience this?

Last edited by DarkChange; 07-30-2005 at 11:14 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to DarkChange:
    Miss Milly (11-06-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
    Mz Migraine
    Inactive
    (female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
    Re: What kind of headache is this? NEED HELP PLEASE!

An aneurysm or a stroke can strike anyone including newborns. Doesn't matter how old you are.
    Quote:
    she wants to do is get an MRI which I cant get right now.
    Why not?
    If you are so concerned about the causes of your headaches that your Neurologist is unable to diagnose without further testing, strongly suggest that you set up the MRI appointment.

The MRI was ordered to rule out the possibiliby of a future stroke, aneurysm, brain tumor, blockage, etc.

What do your parents say about all this?

Old 07-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
    DarkChange
    (male)

DarkChange HB User

haha...They? they probably know it but they dont want to believe it. they have a problem with paying things and I thought already...when they lose me they're going to regret it big time, what else can I do, right? I posted at the stroke board and tried to get some advice but then I thought...lets just post here so maybe there are some people who have my kind of headaches but no...so its obvious what I have.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
    cartjen
    (female)

cartjen HB User

My brother went to the hospital with similar symptoms. They did 3 spinal taps, and they all came back negative. Conclusion- cluster headaches. He has migraine meds just in case an attack happens. Cluster headaches happen in groups, he gets 1 every few minutes for an hour, and go away eventually. Just like a migraine, but split up over time.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
    Mz Migraine
    Inactive
    (female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Quote:
    they have a problem with paying things
    MRIs are covered by health insurance. If your parents do not have health insurance, then suggest you have it done at your local free clinic and/or the free clinic will refer you to the hospital to have it done for free.
    Quote:
    its obvious what I have.
    It is! Care to share w/the rest of us who do not know?

Old 08-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #6
    DarkChange
    (male)

DarkChange HB User

Hey,

im sorry what I ment was with the obvious thing is that I think its obvious that I might be having something very serios such as a...yeah you know what I dont want to mention it since im just scaring myself but you know what gives me hope? since these come and go and if it was serious wouldnt I be seriously damaged now or not...alive? I also got my hopes up after cartjen's post. Your bro is ok right and cluster headaches arent dangerous too right? thanks guys.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:06 AM   #7
    cartjen
    (female)

cartjen HB User

Yes my brother is fine now. Scared all of us though. He has pills for migraines. He goes months without another attack, but then he'll have those cluster headaches for a day or two. But with everything, you just thank god that's all it is. He also started eating healthier and cutting back caffeine just to help (hey, it couldn't hurt, right? He can't predict when he'll get the headaches, but has become more and more able to cope. He's only in his early 20s too, and I was only 18 when I started getting migraines, so keep in mind these painful headaches can hit anyone at any age.

It won't do you any good to worry about the worst things possible. Wait until you have the tests you need, and when you get some meds, whether for cluster headaches or for anything else, follow the directions

Have a great day, my friend.
    -jen

Old 08-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
    DarkChange
    (male)

DarkChange HB User

Thanks, glad everything is fine and a great day to you too.

Closed Thread