It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Stabbing Temple Headache?!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 AM   #1
    NicoleD
    (female)

NicoleD HB User
    Exclamation Stabbing Temple/Cheekbone Headache?!!

Quick History - for the past 3 months i've been under an enormous amount of stress. It all began with little panic attacks, palpatations, etc. and lead straight into full body vibrations (like a vibrator turned on in my body and no one could see me shake but i could feel it). I began thinking I had a major disease... i'm prone to a little hypochondria and went to the Dr.

I had a sinus CT, brain MRI (which came back completely normal) and they found that I have acute sinusitus with a small cyst in my right maxillary cavity. They also did blood work that revealed Hyperthyroidism. I then went to an Endo and just finished the last rounds of thyroid tests and they found that I have thyroiditis.

Anyway, after weeks and weeks of all this, 5 days ago I started to get daily stabbing quick pains in my right temple/cheekbone area. I've had this happen before on both sides throughout my whole life, but never daily. I might get the stabbing feeling a few times a day...the other day it actually woke me up in the middle of a night's sleep.

Anyway, does anyone think this is stress related or hormone related since my thyroid is completely out of wack (it's just now starting to normalize itself)right now? Or could this be caused by my sinusitis issue? OR a result of TMJ? I'm pretty sure i've had TMJ forever as my jaw constantly clicks and I get frequent lockjaw syndrome....but this is mostly on my left side, not right like where this shooting pain is. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Last edited by NicoleD; 09-06-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
    NicoleD
    (female)

NicoleD HB User
    Re: Stabbing Temple Headache?!!

bump! any little insight would be great as my anxiety level right now is through the roof.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 AM   #3
    studey
    (female)

studey HB User
    Talking Re: Stabbing Temple Headache?!!

It wouldn't hurt to mention this to your docter. It does sound like some symptoms of tmj and it also sounds like you've had some panic attacks...Are you taking anything for these.....I know that a simple anti-depressant would really help, Paxil comes to mind...But there are so many out there...Ask your doc also about that, There not so much only for depression but also for anxiety.. Makes life a little bit better to bare. But it does take a couple of weeks ti start to work. Hugs, Cindy

Old 10-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
    kgsmith
    (female)

kgsmith HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NicoleD
    bump! any little insight would be great as my anxiety level right now is through the roof.

Hello Nichole D.

I read your post looking for anyone suffering this stabbing temple pain. My pain is quick stabbing pain in the temple or by the inside top of my ear. This is new for me. It's been going on for a couple of weeks. I do not get migraines but I do get tension headaches quite a bit. I have a doctors appointment on Oct. 27 for a blood sugar test. I will ask my doctor about it then. I'll let you know what he says. He is a great doctor. I also suffer from anxiety. Take care

kg

Old 12-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
    ronmac
    (female)

ronmac HB User

I get the stabbing pains also, usually on my right side. When the pain hits, my lip twitches. The pain is very intense. This has happened several times lately. It makes me stop what I am doing and hold my head. I was wondering if anyone had any luck determining the cause. The intense pain makes me feel as though something is terribly wrong.

Closed Thread