It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• post lumbar puncture headache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
    gearcar
    (female)

gearcar HB User
    post lumbar puncture headache

On October 14 I had a lumbar puncture performed to rule out disease causing a headache. I had a fever of 103 on that day which precipatated the headache I beleive. After determining that everything was OK I went home only to wake up in five hours with the worst headache of my life. I was unable to lift my head off the pillow without severe pain. After 48 hours I went to my own doctor and a blood patch was performed and immediately my headache disappeared, however, in about seven hours the pain was back. It is now 2 1/2 months later and I am still not able to raise my head more than an hour without my heachache returning. I cannot drive because I have to turn my head quickly to check for traffic and this is not possible.
    My doctor has been telling me that I must have developed a leak where the lumbar puncture was done and the spinal fluid is leaking causing a negative pressure headache.
    Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how long did it take for it to resolve itself. I would like to return to work but still am unable to do so.
    Does anyone have any suggestion to help.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread