It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• headache that is not migraine related, finally gone. Maybe this can help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
    sufferinggone
    (female)

sufferinggone HB User
    headache that is not migraine related, finally gone. Maybe this can help!

I too was suffering from chronic daily headache. MRI negative etc. The pain was along the side of my head, and putting my head on a pillow only made the pain worse. It was a pulsing feeling, like a nerve in my head, ear, eye. I finally found a physical therapist who specialized in headaches, and this type of pain. He had also suffered from headches for many years. With my MD ok and prescription, he did his own evaluation. After many months of suffering, mild depression from not knowing what this was, he was able to free some nerves that were stuck at the very top of my spinal chord. These nerves were apparently compressed and this causes the type of pain I was experiencing. The pain was gone quickly. Almost over night. At times I have some residual feeling of a sensation, but I no longer have that constant daily pain. Who knows, maybe this can help someone!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
    lisa15601
    (female)

lisa15601 HB User
    Re: headache that is not migraine related, finally gone. Maybe this can help!

I had a ct scan done it showed nothing about 1 month ago. I dont know if i should get an mri done. I feel that pulsating in my head too and it is so tight. It feels better if i massage my head. Should I get an MRI done. Read my post that I wrote earlier last week. Post is Someone please help me

Old 01-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
    sufferinggone
    (female)

sufferinggone HB User

I read your post Lisa. I guess it can't hurt to get an MRI. I saw the info about the pill etc. as long as your doctor ruled out all of those medical issues have you thought about these things: Have you been doing a significant amount of exercising? You said you lost weight. Did you change your pillow recently? Do you sleep on your stomach now that you are much thinner? Do you remember how the first headache came? Does it feel better after you take a shower? You said massage makes it feel better. These are all of the things I thought about, once the serious medical issues were ruled out.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
    Mz Migraine
    Inactive
    (female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sufferinggone
    I too was suffering from chronic daily headache. MRI negative etc. The pain was along the side of my head, and putting my head on a pillow only made the pain worse. It was a pulsing feeling, like a nerve in my head, ear, eye. I finally found a physical therapist who specialized in headaches, and this type of pain. He had also suffered from headches for many years. With my MD ok and prescription, he did his own evaluation. After many months of suffering, mild depression from not knowing what this was, he was able to free some nerves that were stuck at the very top of my spinal chord. These nerves were apparently compressed and this causes the type of pain I was experiencing. The pain was gone quickly. Almost over night. At times I have some residual feeling of a sensation, but I no longer have that constant daily pain. Who knows, maybe this can help someone!!!!!
    Thanks for posting. Very interesting!

Old 01-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
    lisa15601
    (female)

lisa15601 HB User

I just went to a neurologist and as every other doc said it is a tension headache. He says there is no need for MRI but my Primary scheduled one anyway, so maybe ill go just for piece of mind. The neuro did put me on amitriptyline 10 mg instead of fioricet, ambien, and pamelor. I havent slept for more that 2 hours/night this past week. He said this will help the tension headaches and let me sleep. I hope so. I also told him about the breakout on my head and he said it was a scalp infection from the stress. Geez who knew stress could do so much

Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #6
    samswife
    (female)

samswife HB User

congratulations! I'm curious - had you had an mri? i think there is some nerves involved with mine, but my mri of three years ago didn't show anything. thanks! and congratulations again!!!!

Closed Thread