It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Chronic headaches??? Advice, please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
    c12385
    (male)

c12385 HB User
    Chronic headaches??? Advice, please

I'm a 20 year old college student. A couple of weeks ago, around the time of final exams, I basically spent an entire week studying, my head down, reading books, etc. Throughout that week I began getting headaches in the afternoon and wrote it off as just a result of hanging my head and staring at books for such a long time. School ended nearly 2 weeks ago and I still seem to be getting the same headaches. They seemed a lot like tension headaches where I would wake up feeling okay and by afternoon I had a feeling of pressure in my head a mild headache. I thought that some physical activity might help, as I had done nothing physical in many weeks, so a couple of days ago I began going to the gym. Since then, symptoms have seemed to decrease during the day. However, every night I've been experiencing some pressure (not quite the same) and on occasion I get at ache that seems to be in one specific area at a time, lasting for a couple of seconds and going away. Does this ring a bell for anyone????

Could this be related to neck, scalp or facial tension? Perhaps jaw problems? Just to mention, I have some anxiety issues and have, naturally, been fixating on various things for a while now. If anyone has any advice or ideas about what this could be, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread