It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Doxepin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
    Sophia85
    (female)

Sophia85 HB User
    Arrow Doxepin?

Hi,

I just started getting migraines about two and a half months ago. At first I was just going to see my primary care doctor to get shots of toradol every time I got one but that was giving me rebound headaches and the migraines were getting more and more frequent. She referred me to see a neurologist (I see him on the 25th of july). In the mean time I went out of town and had a migraine while I was gone. So I went to urgent care in the city I was in and got a shot of imitrex and the doctor wrote prescriptions for me to take imitrex as needed but to also take doxepin every day. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried doxepin for migraines and if so was it successful and did you have any bad side effects?

Thanks
    Shana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
    leftinthedark
    (female)

leftinthedark HB User
    Re: Doxepin?

I used to take Imitrex which always worked for me (only the needles though.) Nothing else ever worked and boy did I go through a lot before I found Imitrex! Do you know why you are having mirgraines? Doctors are always ready to push medication on you but if you know the reason why you are having these terrible headaches you can go directly to the source and stop it before it starts.
    I needlessly suffered for 5 years with mirgraines and as it turns out when I was 18 I was in a car accident that pushed my spine out of whack (however I did not know this because my x-rays weren't read correctly and I wasn't in any pain) 5 years later I was rear ended in another car accident and ended up going to a physical therapist for the pain I was in. The tests/xrays that they did on me showed a curved spin from my previous car accident that was previously over looked. To make a long story short after my physical therapy was completed I never had a mirgraine again. My therapist said something was "out of whack" which caused my headaches.
    My best friend had mirgraines until she had her wisdem teeth pulled out. The teeth were pressing on a nerve which caused the headaches.
    Something happens in your body that causes these headaches, you just need to find out what. No one should suffered with them!

Closed Thread