It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• morning headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
    hayfarmer
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hayfarmer HB User
    morning headaches

I have Never had headaches my whole life. I fell off a ladder 2 years ago and had a very small contusion. I was unconcious for a few minutes. Even that did not give me a headache.

Now suddenly I have a headache every morning. I am 47 and generally in good health but suffer from hypothyroidism and hypogonadism (low testosterone). Both are being treated approporiately.

My symptoms are that one day about a month ago I woke up with a headache. Every day since then I have had one. They are in the back side of my head. When I wake the back of my head feels sore like I have a bruise or something. The headache is usually its worst at that point and the headache is internal, not the same as the sore feeling. The headache will slowly subside as the day goes on and will usually be gone by late afternoon or dinnertime. If I have a beer or two it will make it go away. I often feel mildy nautious in the mornings while it is at its worst. I guess it is more of a tight band type headache than a pulsating but the pain is also pulsating and reaches a peak every few seconds (not with my pulse which would be about once every second).

I did have a sinus infection before this all started but the headaches started after the sinus infection was almost gone. In any event I am on antibiotics now just in case. I am also on blood pressure med for the headaches as my doctor thinks they are migraines due to the nautiousness. They have improved but the sore feeling like I have a bruise on the back of my head every morning is just wierd.

Any ideas from anyone what this could be? I am having an MRI tomorrow to make sure my contusion from 2 years ago healed properly but I can't imagine it didnt. I had no problems for 2 years until now.

Last edited by hayfarmer; 12-23-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
    sobannon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sobannon HB User
    Re: morning headaches

Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea? How do you sleep at night. I used to have migraines in the morning and they found out that I had sleep apnea. Once that was resolved, the morning migraines got better, not completely gone, but better.

Amy

Closed Thread