It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Rebound Headache vs. Migraine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
    rachelleng
    (female)

rachelleng HB User
    Rebound Headache vs. Migraine

What is the difference between a rebound headache and a migraine? Can you tell/feel a difference? Should it be treated differently?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
    Texasmamaof1
    (female)

Texasmamaof1 HB User
    Re: Rebound Headache vs. Migraine

For me...i dont really feel a difference...they both are agony for me...my doc gives me Nubain injections in his office but only once a week to avoid rebound migrains...I do find that vicodone or something like that helps with rebounds a bit where they dont at all with a "real" Migraine...sorry i cant help you more than what it is like for me...

Diabetic (insulin dep)
    Sarcoidosis
    I.H.S.S. with pace/defib placed
    Hypothyroid
    Panic Disorder
    Migraines
    Blood Clot (sub-clav)
    small stroke 10/05
    ENDOS

Old 01-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
    pumpkin04
    Inactive
    (female)

pumpkin04 HB User

It's not easy to tell the difference pain wise, but you'll find that rebound headaches occur a few hours or the day after you take medication to relieve your last headache. If you don't usually get multiple headaches a day or in a 24-48 hour period it's probably a rebound headache.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
    Katirina
    (female)

Katirina HB User

I think that is a very good question. I have had migraines for over 32 years now. My doctor says just one of those people who gets them. I have taken about everything there is to take and some twice. I agree that it is one that is usually the next day after a migraine but still I have to treat it so it will go away. I have never tried Vicodin for it but might try. Right now I have used Fiorinal with coedine for years now and it usually works although the last round I had I thought I might have to go get a shot at the hospital. I hope you have good relief with whatever medication works for you.

Closed Thread